The Old Station Nursery
*My First Friends Bromsgrove – Early Years Practitioner Bank Staff (competitive salary, qualified or unqualified with experience)*
The Old Station Nursery Group, established in 2002, strives to help every child to fulfil their potential and deliver high-quality childcare . The company has grown steadily, creating a similar feeling and family ethos in each setting while nourishing each nursery’s unique strengths.
Our classroom based and conveniently located Bromsgrove Nursery has a stimulating and exciting environment to help children develop across all areas of learning. Our welcoming atmosphere and devoted, passionate team are looking for an Early Years Practitioner to join the team.
*Why join our team?*
* 50% childcare discount (T&Cs apply)
* Continual opportunities for personal development and qualifications; career progression means a lot to us
* A fun-filled company training day each year
* Free staff uniform
* A £100 reward each time you refer a friend to join the team, or a family to enrol their child
* 28 days holiday, which includes a whole week break over Christmas
*Some key information about the position*
* The hours are part time, flexible hours, please do get in touch and tell us what would suit you
* Competitive salary
* Qualified to Level 2 or 3 preferred, but we are accepting applications from those working towards a childcare qualification, or unqualified with experience
* We are : My First Friends, 11-13 Ednall Lane, Bromsgrove, B60 2DF
* For more information, please go to our website:
*Special skills required!*
* Having a warm smiling face that makes every child feel special
* Pretending to eat playdough creations realistically is required, and that of drinking numerous cups of pretend tea
* You must have the ability to read a ten-page fairy-tale, upside down, with at least 4 interruptions per page
* You must be prepared to have lots of fun in the workplace. Laughter is something you can expect to be a large part of your working day
* Finally, you must be prepared to feel loved, special and important to many young children and their families; there is simply no other job quite like this one
*This amazing role will include*
* Working with children to provide high quality childcare and education
* Working closely with your team around you
* Liaising with parents, helping to support their whole family
* Ensuring a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children within your area.
* Supporting and maintaining daily routines.
* Providing a high quality, stimulating and inclusive learning environment.
* To support your Room Leader with any tasks delegated to you and with the overall running of the room.
*Courses we can offer you, to help you develop and grow in our nursery*
* NVQ 2, 3 and 4 in Early Years and Childcare
* NVQ 3 in Management
* Early Years Foundation Degree
* Early Years Teacher Status
* Paediatric First Aid
* Basic Food Hygiene
* Safeguarding Children
* Behaviour Management
* Manual Handling
* Health and Safety at Work
The Old Station Nursery Group is committed to delivering high-quality childcare through recruiting, training and retaining the best staff. We are accredited with the Investors in People Standard and work hard to ensure our staff are given every opportunity to develop their careers.
We would absolutely love for you to be a part of our award-winning team, so what are you waiting for? We can’t wait to hear from you and welcome you into our nursery family.
Job Types: Part-time, Zero hours contract
* Company events
* Company pension
* Employee discount
* Referral programme
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Bromsgrove, B60 2DF: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
* What Early Years Qualifications do you have?
* How many years of childcare experience do you have?
Reference ID: BROM003