Michael Page Engineering & Manufacturing
Process Improvement Manager role based in Macclesfield. Working for a growing manufacturing company.
Our client is a growing, well established manufacturing company based in Macclesfield.
The role will report to the Operations Director. The role will be responsible for the improvements in process and machinery in all areas of Operations with a focus on waste elimination. The position will work closely with other technical functions and support operational departments. Teamwork will be vital, along with a positive attitude and total flexibility. The role will be responsible for the introduction of Group operational standards where appropriate.
Main Areas of responsibility
* Introduce quantitative techniques to identify best known conditions for manufacturing processes and ensure that they are fully complied with e.g. Designed experiments, Standard Operating Procedures, Process Capability Studies, SPC, Six Sigma.
* Become process expert with high-level problem-solving skills.
* Attain high degree of expertise in process, equipment and operating methods. Able to specify process requirements and new equipment.
* Lead Continuous Improvement teams including Operators, Engineering, suppliers and customers. Implement changes needed to improve performance – not just make recommendations.
* Assist new prod
uct introductions – define and implement system capability changes to enable manufacture\sourcing of new products.
* Support Operations Director in day-to-day problem solving.
* Ability to understand and characterise manufacturing processes.
* Ability to develop best practices and apply within manufacturing.
* Attention to detail, analytical and thorough in the follow through of identified improvements.
* Good interpersonal skills – able to influence and motivate.
* Champion improvement. * Project Management skills.
* Problem solving – using a structured approach.
* Ability and willingness to confront and resolve conflict.
* Strong leadership skills.
* Personal credibility and respect from shop floor and management
* Engineering design skills – mechanical, control. Where necessary relevant training and education will be provided. The Person Likely to have an appropriate technical qualification or equivalent experience.
They will need to be able to:
* Develop high level of process and equipment understanding.
* Identify and introduce technical developments to improve performance.
* Develop technical knowledge and skills of Managers, Team Leaders, Operators and Engineers. * Earn the reputation as process expert.
* Set high standards of workmanship from support groups.
* Introduce key performance indicators for waste and process capability.
* Produce improvement plans and regular status reports.
£45,000 to £55,000 plus benefits.