Solihull, West Midlands
Climate Action Manager – Gymshark
Solihull – Competitive + Benefits
Gymshark are a fitness apparel & accessories brand, manufacturer and online retailer based in the United Kingdom and have a global customer base in over 130 countries. Gymshark are committed to sustainability and are taking action to reduce their impact.
In this newly created role of Climate Action Manager, you will join the sustainability team and be instrumental in launching key projects in supporting Gymshark’s journey towards Net Zero and Carbon Neutrality. Reporting to the Head of Sustainability, and working closely with the Circularity Manager, this role will play a pivotal part in ensuring Gymshark are delivering on their promises.
For this role Gymshark need a versatile individual with technical expertise and experience in conducting carbon footprints and lifecycle assessments. You will have an in-depth understanding of how to accurately collect data across all scopes and aspects of the supply chain, develop systems to measure and calculate emissions, water and waste in line with Gymshark’s sustainability targets and provide solutions to reduce these. You will also be required to identify suitable offsetting options, including the development of new projects that would contribute to any offsetting where required.
In your new role of Climate Action Manager you will be responsible for the following:
* Conducting the annual Gymshark Carbon Footprint, encompassing Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions as well as water and waste from offices to ensure that we have a complete picture of emissions across the value chain
* Developing accurate data collection methods in conjunction with relevant departments to ensure that Carbon Footprint results are highly accurate with all aspects captured
* Identifying opportunities that eliminate carbon emissions entirely and developing these into a project plan for implementation with clear reduction targets over time
* Analysis of scope 1, 2 and 3 carbon emissions, providing recommendations and implementing initiatives which will drive reductions in emissions across all scopes
* The role will drive the development and implementation of Gymshark’s Climate Strategy
* Experienced and well-versed in the calculation methodologies of a Carbon footprint with comprehensive understanding of methodologies and ideally experience in the implementation of science-based targets
* Comprehensive understanding and experience in implementing Carbon/energy reduction methods, and knowledge of Carbon offsetting approaches and selecting suitable projects
* Excellent understanding and working knowledge of current and future climate change trends and policies and related legislation and regulatory requirements from both a UK and international perspective
* Strong analytical skills and experience in collecting and evaluating complex data with the ability to translate this into accessible and meaningful insight that can be clearly articulated to stakeholders
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with experience in visually presenting complex data to a varied audience and supporting the creation of story-telling opportunities
Gymshark are currently on a journey of developing tools to support and provide understanding to all employees and the wider business around sustainability. If you feel you have the skills and passion to help Gymshark achieve net zero then please contact Jack Porter at