Main Duties and Responsibilities of the Role
1. Be a Safety Leader, complying with UK legislative/regulatory and corporate requirements.
2. Process all Service Contracts in accordance with Corporate Procurement Policy and Procedures
3. Positive procurement leadership and guidance to clients, creating value through involvement in business planning efforts and operation.
4. Support functional budgets via cost control ideas.
5. Encourage people/teamwork interaction and be a role model for Company SPIRIT core values and behaviours.
6. Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the Procurement department function & the business.
Comply with UK Legislative, Regulatory and Company Safety requirements
a. Actively supports the Cardinal Rules, PSI and Life Saving Rules initiative
b. Adhere to site policies, procedures, rules, IMPACT and site Management of Change Systems
c. Recognise COMAH regulations and Process Safety implications
d. Responsible for ensuring the completion / response to Hazard Recognitions and supports Incident Investigations.
e. Comply with communication of all safety-related issues.
f. Collate, coordinate and participate in Accident Investigations as required
Supply Chain Management
a. Support and drive Contract Management of key business contracts
b. Maintain Contract Documentation that is in compliance with audit requirements and good business practices.
c. Support the development and implementation of Contract Management Plans and participation in Contract Review Meetings and Contract Steering Meetings
d. Actively seek out new Service opportunities including negotiate and maintain Frame Agreements.
e. Help identify and support regional and global business initiatives and best practices.
f. Implement and maintain Company’s E-procurement processes and tools. E.g., ePayables, SMART (contracts database).
g. Develop for client review/approval: contract strategies, vendor selection, bid packages, commercial evaluation criteria and analyses, compensation structures and award recommendations.
h. Solicits commercial proposals and negotiates contractual terms and conditions.
i. Functions as a key liaison between Company clients, Contractors and Company’s service groups to ensure development of corporately acceptable contracts.
j. Coordinate approval of Contract Strategy & Procurement Plan, Bidders List and Contract Awards by the Procurement Council / Partners where appropriate.
k. Manage / Support the handling of any claims.
l. Utilise procurement tools available to the group i.e., SAP, e-Sourcing, Smart.
m. Drive improvement of P2P processes and KPI’s e.g., ePayables
Ensure adherence to the departments financial and contract management strategy.
a. Responsible for monitoring the contract value, ensuring that the work scope is effectively delivered, and the scope is not expanded or changed unless the appropriate process is followed and approved.
b. Generates ideas for cost saving/efficiencies.
Demonstrate leadership competencies.
a. Leading Self – Takes Accountability of actions leading by example, following through on commitments and holding others accountable; Drives Performance managing situations and problems, to deliver results whilst balancing short-term and long-term priorities; Makes Decisions generating effective solutions in a timely, safe and ethical manner.
b. Leading Others – Communicates Effectively to gain understanding, to influence and to drive performance to achieve business results; Partners Collaboratively to build strong relationships and trust and to collaborate across the organisation.
c. Leading the Business – Thinks Strategically by understanding global, political and market trends and stakeholder needs and how they impact our business; Demonstrated Financial / Quantitative Acumen understanding how key financial data impacts the Company; Leads Change by encouraging innovative thinking and continuous improvement adapting resourcefully, flexibly and positively.
* Provide assistance to the Procurement Team Leader when required.
* Actively participate in the Performance Management System.
* Understand own responsibility in the OE framework system.
* Interact with internal and external business parties as required.
* Coach, support and mentor team members / peers.
* Business relevant degree – Desirable
* Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply qualification or working towards chartership – Desirable
* Similar working experience in the oil & gas industry or other regulated industry – Essential
* Hold a Full UK driving licence and to drive company vehicles where appropriate – Essential
* Demonstrate effective interpersonal, leadership skills and supervisory competence – Essential
* Ability to use Microsoft packages and SAP – Essential
* Good reporting, communication and workload management – Essential
Appropriate Physical and Mental Capability to undertake the role – Essential