Sage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people, and payroll software, we empower the world’s business heroes-from single-person startups to large enterprises. Our people are passionate and positive. We inspire our colleagues to serve business builders everywhere and champion their success. As a FTSE 100 company with 14,000 colleagues across 24 countries, we do business the right way, while giving back to our local communities through the Sage Foundation. Sage is passionate about building a culture where our colleagues feel they can bring their whole selves to work. Where people know they’ll be judged on their performance and behaviours – not their identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
To lead and work alongside the Sage Cyber Defence Operations Team in Newcastle. The Cyber Defence Operations Manager is accountable for all aspects of security monitoring and investigating across Sage covering detailed analysis of security logs to identify events, incidents and resolution. The role combines leadership and hands-on security operations. Managing security incidents through all phases of the incident response lifecycle from identification through to closure. Ensuring that all Security Monitoring Systems and Consoles are monitored diligently and in a timely fashion. The ultimate goal is to drive continual improvement in the security of our products, systems and behaviours.
• Providing leadership to the Sage Cyber Defence Operations Team members, ensuring high levels of engagement, alignment to Sage goals, effective personal development
• Ensuring the Cyber Defence Operations Team aligns with recognised industry standards, levels of competence and emerging threats, vulnerabilities and techniques
• Developing and continually improving methodologies, standards, tools and approaches for the Cyber Defence Operations Team
• Planning and managing Cyber Defence Operations Team workload focussing on Sage priorities
• Performing day-to-day activities regarding monitoring, escalation, and incident response
• Oversee how Cyber Defence Operations Team respond and incident manage cyber-attacks, malware, and active threat to reduce potential impact
• Managing the Cyber Defence Operations shift schedule – 24/7 service
• Working with Sage teams to ensure that security and operational controls are followed and enforced to ensure client data remains secure, available, and private, where applicable
• Resolve the escalated events, threats and incidents according to the established procedures and processes
• Publishing blogs/articles and representing Sage at external events to establish us as a recognised centre of excellence for security