Wilmington PLC are looking for a Data Engineer – Data Science
Data Engineer – Data Science
Location: London – E1 8QS
Salary: £35k – £50k DOE
Term: Full Time, Permanent
Why do we want you?
You are an experienced data engineer/data scientist who loves analysing, organising and preparing raw data for modelling and data analytics. You understand the application of AI and ML techniques and you combine raw information from different sources and apply data science techniques, summarising data and interpretation of results.
You have experience in creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modelling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc. and of Natural Language Processing (NLP).
You also have experience in extracting and analysing data from 3rd party providers, e.g. google analytics, LinkedIn, Salesforce, Marketo etc. using API’s or other integration methods and visualising/presenting data and insights to stakeholders utalising of BI tools such as Tableau and Power BI and D3.js.
A bit about us.
Wilmington plc is a company with a difference. Over the years we’ve grown by acquisition and as such we have many unique businesses in our portfolio.
Here at Wilmington plc we provide information and training to professional business markets via a portfolio of well known professional service brands. Put simply, we enable professionals and their organisations to enhance performance by providing high quality, relevant and reliable information, education and knowledge.
Main Purpose of Role
Effective and efficient management of data throughout our group is a strategic priority. We have an ambition to become a data led business. To support this, the Group Data team (which this role sits in) was created to drive better management and operation around our data assets.
As a Data Engineer – Data Science your role will be to store, process, model and apply data science to make data and insights available for data analytics and business intelligence (BI) systems. You will need to be competent in data assessment and profiling, source system analysis and be able to provide a clear vision on how the data can be processed and interpreted to support the end use of the data.
You will be data modelling with data from multiple sources to fulfil specific business needs so you will require strong analytical skills to be able to analyse data and produce robust insights through BI reports and dashboards.
You will use your extensive programming and data management skills to complete data projects from end to end.
Key duties within the role include:
Analyze, organize and prepare raw data for modelling and data analytics
Architect and help build data systems and pipelines
Evaluate business needs and objectives
Application of AI and ML techniques to solve business problems and produce saleable insights.
Combine raw information from different sources
Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
Identify opportunities for data acquisition
Assist in the development of new products and tools
Participate in the development of analytical reports, including conducting analysis, applying data science techniques, summarising data and interpretation of results
Collaborate with team departments (data services, data engineering and data analytics) to successfully deliver data products
Taking ownership of your work schedule and assist with planning and prioritisation of jobs
Interpret findings into actionable outcomes
Facilitate data driven decision making across the organisation
Assist in development of overall data platform architecture
Troubleshoot data related issues
Skills and Experience Required
– Strong data modelling and SQL/database design skills.
– Skill and knowledge of ETL processes
– Experience of the .Net programming stack of technologies.
– Excellent numerical, analytical and statistics skills
– Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modelling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
– Experience of Natural Language Processing.
– Knowledge/Experience using data science technologies including predictive and prescriptive modelling techniques
– Experience in extracting and analysing data from 3rd party providers, e.g. google analytics, LinkedIn, Salesforce, Marketo etc. using API’s or other integration methods.
– Experience in visualising/presenting data and insights to stakeholders. Utilisation of BI tools such as Tableau and – Power BI a distinct advantage.
– Degree level qualification in computer science or related subject.
– Intermediate to advanced Tableau or Power BI skills
– Knowledge/experience of visualisation tools such as D3.js
– Project management experience, as a minimum the ability to manage delivery of work within stated timeframes
“We are committed to equality, equality of opportunity and valuing diversity”