Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Know How Recruitment
Our client have an exciting opportunity for a Dev Operations Engineer to join the growing team in their UK office in Milton Keynes.The role is a full time, permanent position offering an excellent salary and benefits package.
Our client provide business supplies and services to help their customers work better – whatever their workplace. They are a single source for everything customers need to be more productive, including the latest technology, core office supplies, print and document services, business services, facilities products, furniture, and school essentials.
Benefits of joining them as the Dev Operations Engineer:
– An attractive and competitive salary
– Excellent benefits scheme
– Generous holidays
– Free onsite parking
As the Dev Operations Engineer, you will provide technical delivery of DevOps solutions and technology as part of a digital transformation initiative. This position will be part of a team of DevOps engineers and platform specialists in delivery roles that support the needs of IT services and eCommerce. You will work together within and across teams to develop a strong culture of collaboration, system development life cycles, and configuration as code practices.
What our client is looking for in their Dev Operations Engineer:
To succeed in this role, you will have an IT service background that is centered on the DevOps culture, and have experience in tooling centric to DevOps based solutions, a solid understanding of software quality and release principles, IT infrastructure, and experience of setting up continuous integration/delivery in agile teams. You will have a natural desire to automate and make things more efficient and enjoy working with the wider team to roll our process improvements. Your operational experience with IT infrastructure will allow you to set up and maintain resilient systems
The ideal Dev Operations Engineer will also have the following skills and experience:
– Strong Linux and/or Windows system administration and architecture
– Application development, technical architecture, or application support experience in an agile/continuous delivery environment
– Good understanding of at least one distributed source control system (eg Git, SVN)
– Demonstrable experience with at least one CI/CD application ideally Jenkins and the Atlassian Suite
– Experience with Scripting languages Perl, Batch files, PowerShell?
– Experience with at least one high-level language preferably Java or Ruby
– Experience of automated testing
– Creating or maintaining highly available systems with disaster recovery/failover provisions
– Understanding of networks, Firewalls, load balancing, server farms
– Creating Operational Awareness through monitoring and alerting solutions
– Experience with eCommerce platforms?
– Experience of setting up and maintaining Servers, in particular, Linux based
– Working with cloud providers such as AWS or Azure
– Experience of working with offshore teams
If you feel you have the skills and experience required for the Dev Operations Engineer role, please click Apply’ today.