The Access group
About the position:
This position is for a DevOps engineer in the Health and Social Care Division, working on products which are risk to life and used by our customers on a 24/7 basis. As such, the team is fast paced and dedicated to keeping the software online and functioning 100% of the time. You will be working within our Operations team on projects to move our current solutions onto Azure platforms, utilising IaaS and PaaS, as well moving our Source Code and CI/CD Pipelines onto Azure DevOps. You will be helping to implement and improve monitoring using Application Insights, AppDynamics and Zabbix.
As a part of the day-to-day duties of the Operations team you will be required to be On Call for the division, which will be allocated on a rota basis. You will need to be able to investigate and resolve any P1 issues that are escalated by our support teams and pass them onto the relevant teams where required. You will have accountability for ensuring our solutions meet business requirements, align with technology and governance standards, and ensure delivery of on-time, quality solutions.
You will be a dynamic, enthusiastic engineer, with a passion for technology that drives you to produce high-quality solutions. You will have a working experience of Azure, Azure DevOps and migration from self-hosted or AWS to Azure. You will be self-motivated to complete assigned projects on time and provide documentation on any changes you implement.
As an engineer you will have the ability to mentor less experienced colleagues to enable them to grow within their roles and take on more complicated projects themselves. In turn you will be willing to work within the team, accepting suggestions and contributions from those around you. You will have worked in and be comfortable with an agile environment, enjoying a fast-paced and collaborative atmosphere.
• Migration from self-hosted/AWS to Azure
• Migrating Source Code from non-Git to Git
• Migrating CI/CD Pipelines to Azure DevOps
• Working knowledge of Octopus and Azure DevOps
• Powershell and Bash
• PowerShell Remoting and DSC
• Knowledge of SQL/Azure databases and T-SQL
• Monitoring infrastructure (in Azure and private cloud) and applications (AppInsights, New Relic, AppDynamics)
• Knowledge of DevOps best practice
• Good knowledge of infrastructure as a cod
• Transition from IaaS to PaaS
• Implementing Mobile Deployment Strategies (App Center)
• Configuration and monitoring DNS, IIS Servers, Tomcat servers, Load Balancer, Firewall, FTP severs, Email servers for high volume traffic
• Good knowledge of Cloud security and preventative solutions
• Professional Certifications (AZ-204, AZ-400)
As a well-rounded DevOps Engineer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• Problem solving
• Being creative and innovative
• A quick learning capability and ability to easily pick up new technical concepts
• A passion for software and technology
• A high standard of written and spoken English
• An open and collaborative working style
• Being committed to delivering and maintaining high standards
• Managing time efficiently and effectively
• Being pragmatic, competitive and driven
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on our promises! We take the development of our people very seriously and will work with you to carve out your success plan and provide an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference. In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.