Wentworth Life Sciences
Our client is one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, with global revenues in excess of $20 billion and over 20,000 employees. For more than 35 years, our client has pioneered biotechnology breakthroughs, to bring state-of-the-art medicines from laboratory to the patient. Our client has not only discovered and developed innovative human therapeutics but has invested in cutting edge manufacturing capability and support services to deliver these exciting therapies to medical teams around the world.
Our client has a vacancy for a permanent full-time role as a Director Regulatory Affairs Europe. As Director Regulatory Affairs Europe, you will provide management and leadership by advising/defining the development and execution of regulatory strategy and plans for regulatory agency interactions within his or her assigned area. You will also build internal and external networks with key stakeholders to influence regulatory outcomes.
The successful candidate will have experience in oncology and demonstrable experience of defining and leading forward innovative regulatory strategies to advance novel therapies.
As Director Regulatory Affairs Europe, you will provide regulatory leadership, technical expertise including strategic guidance, and execution for the development, registration, and lifecycle management of a portfolio of products. The role will require defining innovative regulatory strategies for accelerating the development of the oncology portfolio, challenging regulatory precedence and risk taking as well and interpreting the external regulatory environment and precedence in advancing our client’s portfolio.
This position will be in based in West London but remote working fully flexible.
This role will involve both project management of a portfolio of products in addition to line management of a number of regulatory professionals with different levels of experience in the oncology therapeutic area for Europe and strategic input into the filing plans for several expanded European markets including Russia, Israel, the Baltic States and Switzerland.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· To ensure appropriate regulatory input (including strategic impact) is provided into regulatory plans.
· To provide strategic oversight to European Regulatory Leads in technical procedures including regional regulatory activities.
· To strategically support European Regulatory Leads during European regulatory agency interactions.
· To facilitate patient access to our client’s products by ensuring adequate resources for regulatory filing plans within assigned area.
· To manage forums for sharing of best practices and lessons learned related to regional regulatory activities.
· Interpret the external regulatory environment and regulatory precedence for assigned projects.
· Influencing and shaping the external regulatory environment.
· Development and execution of the regional regulatory product strategies within assigned area.
· Advising one or more EU regulatory leads on regulatory agency considerations in developing strategy.
· Ensuring support of GRTs and managing resources within assigned area.
· Ensuring regional regulatory needs are well defined and implemented within assigned area.
Person Specification Requirements
· Bachelors’ degree, Masters’ or Doctorate preferable.
· In-depth experience of Regulatory Affairs including:
o Demonstrable experience of defining and leading forward innovative regulatory strategies to advance novel therapies.
o Providing a competitive advantage through strategy execution.
o In depth working experience with and knowledge of European Regulations.
o Experience of working with novel regulatory pathways/mechanisms would be advantageous.
o Significant oncology experience.
o Lead scientific advice.
o Written PIPs and ODDs
If you feel this description is something that fits your professional background and character, please apply now, or contact the team at Wentworth Life Sciences.