DV Cleared PMO Lead
6 month contract
London / Remote during COVID-19 Restrictions (You will be required to attend site when the restrictions are lifted)
£420.58 a day via Umbrella OR £372.69 a day via PAYE
YOU MUST HOLD ACTIVE DV CLEARANCE AND BE ABLE TO PROVIDE EVIDENCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE
There is a requirement for an experienced and security cleared PMO/ Junior Project Manager to work on the ICT projects of the CORVINA programme. The PMO / Junior Project Manager will work alongside other members of the ICT Workstream and may also be responsible for managing aspects of specific project work packages as directed by the Programme Manager. They will play an important role in project planning and risk and issue management. Moreover, they will log, manage and analyse information on the progress of the project.
The PMO/ Junior Project Manager will be able to seek professional guidance from specialists either in a dedicated Programme Management Office (PMO) or the Portfolio Management Office (PfMO), and will ensure implementation of programme/project management processes and standards, as defined by the Portfolio Office Centre of Excellence.
The post holder will be required to do the following:
· Provide cover for other PMO resources within the Workstream. They will therefore need to become familiar with the management of all the programme’s controls and be able to step in and run these in the absence of others.
· Run and lead heartbeat sessions with the Programme Manager and project team leads which include: (1) Finances (2) Planning (3) Risks and Issues. These are currently established and therefore require someone to pick these up and run/lead them.
· Work with the CHAPARRAL programme (CTP partners) on pulling together a Document Management Matrix (DDM), and ensuring this is kept up to date. Will be responsible for ensuring all documents from partners are known about and released to CTP within sufficient timescales to allow for proper internal reviews.
· Run and lead on Risk and Issues management. Responsible for working with all PM’s to capture risks and issues, and to work with the risk owner on mitigation and action plans. Also, responsible for keeping on track of mitigation and action plans to ensure these are met. In addition to this, also responsible for working closely with the Programme Manager ensuring risks and issues are kept on top of, with plans in place, and key stakeholders aware of progress around these.
· Responsible for reporting across the Workstream. This is quite complex due to the governance arrangements across all organisations. The role holder will be responsible for ensuring accurate and consistent reporting. They need to be comfortable with compiling reports based on very little supervision.
· To lead the fortnight checkpoint reports, and meetings as and when required. This also involves in the chasing of reports from leads; updating and walking through the current high level plans; leading on updates for actions and decision log; being able to articulate changes that are landing within the Workstream.
· Lead on change control.
· Maintenance of all key living document controls, which include Programme Briefs being kept up to date; action logs; risk logs; decision logs; communication plan; contact logs; governance diagrams; dependency logs; glossary, etc.
· Lead on ensuring the Technology benefits map is kept up to date. This also involves keeping benefit profiles up to date and producing a quarterly technology benefits dashboard.
· Maintenance of consolidated detailed programme plan. Must be familiar with MS Project and able to work closely with Project Managers to keep the plan up to date. To also ensure all project reporting aligns with the plans and visa-versa. This also includes the management and writing of a milestone tracker, POAP (for each Tranche), visualisation chart, etc.
· On occasions will be tasked to manage small work-packages of work under the direction and control of either the Project Manager(s), Business Analyst, Technical Architect or Programme Manager.
· Provide ongoing support around the resource management. This is currently undertaken by another interim resource, however, this responsibility will move to this role holder who will also have additional PSO support.
· Quality and Configuration Management.
· Analyse and use programme and project management information to support effective decision making.
· Ensure that reporting and change control products are accurate and contain the necessary information to support effective decision making.
· Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively and tactfully with people at all levels.
· Good facilitation skills, with the ability to elicit information and agreement from audiences of varying backgrounds.
· Good communication skills, both verbal and written, across all levels including stakeholder engagement skills.
Experience – Essential
· Must be competent in MS Project as will be asked to pull together project plans, and also maintain plans written in detail in MS Project;
· Working with stakeholders who work in complex and specialised areas;
· Excellent written and spoken English. Must be able to write reports with very little supervision;
· Ability to work under pressure and to turn-round material changes to meet tight deadlines;
· Must have been in a similar PMO/Junior PM role for at least 5 years within a technology enabled transformation programme;
· Experience of hardware and software infrastructure delivery projects;
· High level of competency in Microsoft Office applications;
· The ability to deal with confidential and sensitive inform