CBRE Global Workplace Solutions
Job Title: Shift Engineer
Hours of work: 12 hour Continental Shift Rota
Purpose of the Job
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting an Electrical Shift Engineer to join our Data Centre Solutions team based in Farnborough. The successful candidate will ensure all environmental conditions are maintained at all times with regard to critical building systems. To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), reactive and breakdown works to all mechanical and electrical systems within the site. Engineers must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge of UPS, Generators, HV, PDU’s, Crac units or equivalent, which will include the ability to fault find using the production of graphical information and the utilisation of current alarm data.
* Ensure that routine PPM is carried out to all mechanical and electrical plant in accordance with Site task schedules and asset lists.
* Ensure that reactive tasks throughout the building are completed and be proactive in highlighting areas where improvements can be made. These reactive calls to also include concessionary stores and fabric related items.
* Ensure that plant faults and defects are swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order at all times
* Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out both maintenance and reactive works.
* Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed regarding PPM, reactive and breakdown works and that it is passed without delay to the Contract Administrator
* Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared, and used for all tasks are undertaken to ensure safe working practices at all times.
* Ensure the provision of a Safe and Healthy working environment. To include the wearing of uniform and PPE at all times.
* Ensure the professional image of CBRE Managed Services is presented to clients at all times.
* Supervising and monitoring of sub-contractors works whilst they are on site undertaking maintenance.
* To undertake lone working when and where required, subject to passing satisfactory training.
* Ensure assigned tasks are actioned and completed as appropriate.
* To ensure tasks as directed are completed with the appropriate H&S awareness/implementation.
* Ensure Computer Based Maintenance systems, e.g. Cerm View, Remedy, Concept, is kept up to date and that PPM and reactive tickets are closed out with accurate data captured.
* To operate a Permit to Work System in accordance with CBRE Managed Services Quality, Health & Safety procedures and client requirements (or approved client system).
* Any other task as directed by the account management team.
* A good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken English and basic Mathematics skills.
* Formally trained in electrical/mechanical maintenance.
* BMS Knowledge.
* Experience (Essential) of maintaining all relevant mechanical and electrical equipment to clearly defined criteria.
* Aptitudes good verbal communication skills
* Good written English skills
* Character committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.
* Calm manner, able to work under pressure.
* Able to make sound decisions when needed.
* Physically fit and able to carry tools and components by hand up to 20kg.
* Able to ascend and descend vertical access equipment.
* Experience of working in a critical environment/data centre.
* A team player, able to work with CBRE Managed Services and clients representatives at all levels.
* Circumstances must be willing to provide holiday and sickness cover at short notice and be flexible in their working patterns.