Electrical Facility Engineer
Location – Reading/Basingstoke area
Package – £35,000.00-£47,000.00 plus contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional flexible benefits scheme and excellent work/life balance including 9 day working fortnight.
AWE has been named in the Sunday Times top 25 big companies to work for in 2019.
Working for one of the area’s largest employers and enjoying an excellent work/life balance, our engineers gain experience on a wide variety of equipment and projects and can make a direct and visible contribution to the successful running of the business.
You could be providing professional electrical engineering services in support of operational requirements, which include professionally advising planned preventative and reactive maintenance to all key plant and equipment to help enable the crucial work we do at AWE, and completing engineering tasks to schedule, budget and quality requirements, optimising the delivery of operations engineering.
Within this position you will:
* Apply domain and technical knowledge for design intent, as-built standards and system performance through life for engineered systems and structures
* Interpret and deliver the requirements of issued tasks from the Asset Engineering Solutions order book (including troubleshooting, quoting, reporting, design, commissioning and handover as required), and make evidence based professional engineering decisions to solve technical problems within area of responsibility
* Identify and escalate business risk arising from condition of engineered systems and structures
* Demonstrate adherence to management system requirements and relevant technical standards
* Engage with company delivery and administrative requirements; report own and team progress honestly and clearly, communicate in an engaging manner, support performance management,
* Optimise the delivery of Operations Engineering
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
* HNC/HND with suitable additional experience
* Ability to deliver engineering across an equivalent manufacturing and/or research environment comprising a range of infrastructure facilities and associated manufacturing and/or research plant and equipment.
* Delivery of facilities engineering and maintenance services across the life of an asset.