Morgan Sindall Property Services
Morgan Sindall Property Services have an exciting opportunity for an Electrician to join their team based in Yorkshire.
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Job Type: Full Time – Permanent
About the Company:
Morgan Sindall Group is a leading UK construction and regeneration group, operating in the public and commercial sectors, through six divisions of construction and infrastructure, fit out, property services, partnership housing, urban regeneration and investments.
Morgan Sindall Property Services provides integrated property maintenance services to Local Authorities and housing association clients. We provide planned and reactive maintenance to over 200,000 domestic properties nationwide and have a significant portfolio of large-scale framework refurbishment programmes and strong secured order book and continue to secure long term transformational contracts supported by our USP’s.
Electrician – About the Role:
Working to deliver highest quality service to carry out a variety of building services tasks. Working efficiently and safety in line with best practise to achieve excellent customer experience. This role may operate across multiple contracts
Electrician – Key Responsibilities:
– To work individually or as part of a team undertaking high quality Electrical Repairs Testing and or Installation works
– To comply with BS7671 standards and company standards of work performance, ensuring implementation and compliance within Electrical policies and procedures
– Ensure implementation and compliance with company Health and Safety policies and procedures.
– To undertake a continual programme of Risk Assessment in relation to your role
– Attend training as and when required to continue your development in the role and comply with changes within the Electrical industry
– Attend Team Briefs, Toolbox Talks and Technical Bulletins on a monthly basis or as and when required
– Utilise both electronic and paper based systems to accurately record Electrical documentation including the use of labour and materials against each job
– To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues
– To mentor apprentices as and when required
– The post holder may be required to perform duties, appropriate to the post, other than those given in the job specification
– You will be expected to carry out Electrical condition reporting, repairs and installations to the highest of standards
– Liaise with tenants, clients and members of our supply chain
– Maintain van stocks and provide information enabling the improvements of first time fixes for the area you work within
– Be flexible and willing to work overtime to cover workloads during busy periods
– Cover out of hours on a rota basis
Electrician – You:
– Completing the task given right first time, by ensuring access, materials, timescales are both achievable and deliverable
– Utilising your Hand Held Unit as trained
– Informing your scheduler / supervisor on job progress, should these not be achievable advise Scheduler/Supervisor immediately
– Raising awareness, communicate any improvements you see creating efficiencies
– Be honest and helpful to the needs of others
– Always carry out you tasks as efficiently as possible, and to the high standards
– Undertake works in line with MSPS H&S process and procedures.
– Carry out tasks as per instructions / training provided
– Full UK Driving Licence valid for at least 12 months
– NVQ Level 3 Qualification in electrical installation work e.g. C&G 2330, 2360,2357, 2365
– Inspection and Testing qualification e.g. C&G 2391, 2394 + 2395
– 17th Edition – BS7671 (Amendment 3 2015)
– 18th Edition – BS7671 (from January 2019)
– Valid Asbestos Awareness
– Working at Height
– Manual Handling
Electrician – Benefits:
– 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
– Accident Cover – B&CE Scheme
– Life Assurance – B&CE Scheme
– Company van if required (work use only)
– Career progression with our Training and Development programme
– Company Uniform
– Cycle to Work Scheme
– Oracle benefits; including Cashback, voucher codes, shopping vouchers, reloadable cards, discount holidays etc.
– Eye Care Vouchers
– Share Save schemes
– 1 Professional Subscription per annum
– Paid voluntary work
– We will consider requests for flexible working where possible
To submit your CV for this exciting Electrician opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now.
MSPS are proud to support the resettlement of armed forces personnel.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the leading industry sector companies where we recognise the value of diversity, flexible working and that talented people are key to our success.