Suffolk County Council (The GreenJobs Network of Websites)
PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Environment Strategy Manager
Full Time or Part Time
£38,705 (pro rata for part time)
Closing date: 24 February 2021.
An opportunity has arisen for an Environment Strategy Manager within the Environment Strategy Team, a dynamic group of professionals committed to supporting the Council’s response to the Climate Emergency and working with Suffolk’s communities to achieve net zero carbon emissions.
We are looking for someone:
– with strong and demonstrable leadership skills, to manage a team
– delivering multiple projects
– the ability and knowledge to identify opportunities and develop projects
– that will contribute to a net zero emission future
– with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work cooperatively
– with colleagues and partner organisations at all levels.
You will be working to implement the County Councils response to the declaration of a Climate Emergency and target to achieve net zero emissions by 2030. Effectively leading the work of a small group of Environment Strategy Officers and liaising with teams from across the Council to identify key areas with potential for improved environmental performance and develop actions. Also, collaborating with partner organisations to enable projects that support carbon reduction within individual homes, communities and businesses, supporting Suffolk’s transition to a net zero carbon economy.
The Environment Strategy Manager role will include:
– leadership of a small team, including delivery of ongoing projects as well as the performance management and skills development of existing staff development and delivery of new business cases/projects guided by the emerging Suffolk Climate Emergency Plan and the Council’s objectives in response to the Climate Emergency
– identification of sources of external funding and development of successful bids to support the work of the Council
– engagement and maintenance of a network of internal and external stakeholders to develop and implement council objectives
– using up to date research, national policy and legislation to develop and promote improved local policy and ways of working
– managing budgets and procurement of goods and services.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but on occasions there may be a requirement for you to travel using reasonable and suitable means available to you and agreed by the authority.
Due to the current situation with Covid-19, we have strict limitations on staff working in our offices and most of us are being asked to work from home. If you wish to discuss how that might impact your working arrangements, please contact the recruiting manager listed below.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Matt Hullis on 264446 or email:
Apply online at: or call quoting the job ref.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile.
Suffolk County Council – welcoming diversity.
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE “APPLY NOW” BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS OR CALL QUOTING THE JOB REFERENCE NUMBER