The Flowminder Foundation
French speaking Project Administrator
Type of contract: Part-time (22.5 hours per week), 6 months
Start date: March 2021
Flowminder is a non-profit foundation that specialises in the analysis of anonymised mobile phone data, satellite imagery, and household survey data for humanitarian and international development purposes.
Our mission is to enable decision makers to access the data they need to transform the lives of vulnerable people, at scale. We work with governments in low and middle-income countries, UN agencies, The World Bank and other development banks. Our funding comes from Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, UK government, development banks, UN and intergovernmental agencies.
As a part-time Project Administrator, you will assume various administrative duties for the project overall and the project team members. While the role is mainly required for the GRID3 Mapping for Health project, you might be involved in a large portfolio of projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation that supports humanitarian actions to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the role will start with home-working but we are looking for someone who will be able to join our office based in Southampton (UK).
The responsibilities include:
– Supporting the project with administrative duties
– Processing various documents received from a range of sources and consolidates / reviews in line with the company standards and requirements
– Update and track projects on our work management software, Asana
– Handle the minute-taking at meetings
– Assist with planning
– Keep the project calendar up to date
– Be a point of contact for various stakeholders
– Support with French translation of various documents
– Support with preparation of stakeholders presentations
– Support the project manager with managing resources
For more information on this vacancy, please review the job description which will be available to download once you select the apply button.
The ideal candidate
– Fluent in French and good command of English (essential)
– Organisational skills
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
– Time management and prioritisation skills
– Ability to work to deadlines
– Team player and willingness to help other team members
– Literacy in common office systems (MS Office) and experience with Google Suite
– Knowledge of Asana (desirable)
– Previous project administration experience (desirable)
Other organisations may call this role Project Co-ordinator, Project Assistant, Bilingual Project Administrator, or Interim Project Administrator.
About the project
GRID3 Mapping for Health in DRC aims to strengthen the effectiveness and equity of vaccination interventions in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). The project will deliver essential data about population distributions, characteristics, and movements as well as the location of settlements, health facilities and associated health catchment area boundaries; in combination with important activities related to gender and equity, and capacity development. As a result, key activities such as vaccination micro-planning, will be significantly improved.
Closing date: Open till filled.
Applicants should submit the following (preferably in pdf format):
– CV(s) and cover letter with details of relevant experience
For informal questions regarding the assignment, please contact our team.
Please note that due to the very high volume of applications we receive, we greatly regret that we are unable to send personalised acknowledgements or give feedback on applications.
To view the full job description and submit your application, please select the apply button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.