WHAT DRIVES US
Maybe you know us, maybe you don’t. Even though you probably use our services every day. So
we’d like to share more about what we do at Nominet, and why we do it, so that you can help us to
build the right team.
We’re proudly at the heart of the UK’s critical internet infrastructure. Leading the charge in cyber
security, as we explore and pioneer new tech.
We do this to enable connectivity, inclusivity and security for our world – and create a vibrant digital
That’s what drives us – and the kind of people we want to work with.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
As a Web Developer at Nominet you will get the opportunity to work with the latest technologies on exciting projects exposed to BIG DATA projects. You will be a passionate team player that likes to deliver challenging work to aggressive timescales. You will work closely with other developers in the team but lead on the development of innovative data intensive user interfaces for product APIs that visualize complex data sets in an intuitive manner.
· Angular 8+, Typescript skills are essential in order to create new components and services
· Create visual front ends which have a good UX
Plan and prototype new applications
· Be comfortable in a Linux development environment, including SSH and general day to day tasks
Test sites and applications in different browsers and environments
· fix bugs in existing projects
· test new features thoroughly to ensure they perform the correct task in all cases
review colleagues’ code
· mock API’s to keep front end development unblocked
· Liaise with designers, developers and project staff for progress updates
· Completion of code refactoring and optimisation of existing code
Documentation of code, so other developers can understand and contribute to it
· Demonstrable technical knowledge in areas such as client side components, server side languages and web-application frameworks
· Experience with GIT and a thorough understanding of the architecture of web applications, web security and encryption
· Candidate will be expected to demonstrate knowledge across the
· Understanding of Apache especially configuration and security requirments.
· Good familiarity with version control systems like Git.
· Experience implementing and troubleshooting cross browser issues/solutions, and supporting and maintaining code developed by 3rd parties.
· A passion for writing clean, reliable, thoroughly tested, maintainable
· Superb interpersonal communication skills.
· Vision, drive and passion: someone who’s prepared to get the job done, no matter what it takes and reap the rewards.
· Any knowledge of High Charts, Java, AWS, Docker, Python and SQL is desirable but not essential.
· A logical approach to problem solving
· The ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Strong experience of working in an Agile environment
· Ability to complete a wide range of tasks whilst maintaining high standard of work and meeting strict deadlines
…… click apply for full job details