Adlam Consulting Ltd
FXT IT Production Analyst
An FX IT production analyst is required to join the FX Trading Support team responsible for providing traders and sales functional help on Front Office applications: position management, exchange order handling, electronic booking and internal order management issues.
The production support team is also in charge of releasing new packages in production to traders and sales, as driven by the global business lines, while maximising uptime for its end users.
– Good knowledge of FX business and electronic trading principles: Spot/Outright pricing, Fixings, VD calculation, CC & AV, Spot push, Rollback/rollover, Fixings, etc
– Good knowledge of main application failure scenarios in a complex IT architecture, from both functional and technical perspective
– Data querying:
– OS usage:
– Market Data mechanisms/communication protocols/messaging services:
– General knowledge of CFT, Autosys, Drop Copy etc.
– First class degree of top university/engineering school and scientific background – mathematical or/and IT
– High motivation to learn a huge and complex environment
– The role focuses specifically on FX products, FX knowledge is required.
– Candidates will ideally have a relevant experience in a similar role, the majority of which should have been gained within Front Office Trading. They must be experienced in providing support as part of a team, and have practical understanding of the criticality of trading applications.
Application Monitoring and follow up:
– Responsible for global uptime target of 99.9%, across the whole FX platform
– Coverage of below FX applications production implementation, troubleshooting and monitoring:
Incident and Problem Management, including:
– Investigate incident root cause and provide workaround to traders on variety of issues, ranging from mispricing, MIS-booking, incorrect position, etc
– Manage/Own P1/P2 incidents and problems end to end
– Communicates with internal users and management over incidents and post-mortems
– Ensures all support issues are correctly logged in the Bank incident management system with relevant details (downtime, slowness etc..) and ownership of their resolution
– Diagnoses issues: establishes their root case.
– Updates the relevant Production KPIs
– Monitoring using in house tools and Python scripts
Knowledge Management and Documentation
Continuous Service Level improvement
Maintenance and enhancements
Project and specific tasks:-
– Various project and smaller tasks are managed by the team, all related to support: most of the tasks are incident response, business request or maintenance
– Project are mainly related to new development where application support role is to make sure of the supportability, monitoring of the new tool, team and user training
– Project can also include management application impact of database or MQ systems migration.
– Team is also responsible, from an IT perspective, for specific client onboarding on 3rd platform (Traiana Netlink), including go-live certification.
Adlam Consulting operates as an Employment Agency & an Employment Business.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location