Global Business Coordination is an exciting department with the objective to keep Aldi competitive in a constantly evolving retail environment.
It is our job to think about how we can improve our customers lives, evolve the business, and prepare for the future on an international scale. We use state-of-the-art technology to bring about digital change that delivers real customer value; this is an opportunity for you to have a truly global impact on our business, driving innovative propositions and services to provide our customers with new and exciting ways to shop and improving the overall customer journey.
We are seeking a number of highly motivated individuals to join our dynamic team as Strategy Governance & Steering Analysts, based at our Tamworth office in the UK.
This is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to develop within the business and play a key part in shaping the future of ALDI globally. Your role will support the Global Business Coordination (GBC) Department with financial planning, the preparation and provision of support to governance bodies and coordination of GBC people strategy activities. You will be a key part of a hugely ambitious technology programme with the aims of improving customer experience at ALDI on a global scale, transforming the business and preparing for the future.
You will work with the Governance & Steering Manager operating within the Customer Interaction Business Strategy team. The ideal candidate will have a background in strategic or financial planning, be a strong, forward thinking professional with an approachable but assertive presence in the working environment. You will possess excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, have excellent attention to detail, creative flair and be able to communicate confidently with stakeholders of all levels. You will also have the ability to conduct in depth reporting to support with the alignment of international stakeholders whilst ensuring your communication is suitable and relevant for your audience.
You will need enthusiasm and drive, with proven experience of working to deadlines in a fast-paced environment. You will need to think on your feet, be self-reliant, and be a confident individual with a positive attitude. You will act as a custodian of the Customer Interaction Business Strategy team, constantly striving to find opportunities for improvement in every area.
The role is UK based, but as this role is part of a global team some travel internationally on demand should be expected, as per the needs of the project, or upon request of the Governance & Steering Manager.
This is a full-time permanent role.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
• Conduct committee preparation and reporting on behalf of the Customer Interaction GBC for a number of governance committees
• Collaborate and align with International Working Groups (IWG) and stakeholders
• Assist with financial planning and the completion of reporting
• Input into the 5YP, 1YP and monthly financial plans on behalf of GBC
• Collaboration with the International Finance and Administration (IFA) team on company-wide financial targets
• Coordination of GBC input into employee engagement activities
• Produce content for employee communications
• Personal career development
• Reporting, financial or business analysis experience
• Experience in and comfort with working in fast paced environments
• Working in team environments
• Working with multiple stakeholders to drive forward topics
• Working with ambiguity and taking ownership of deliverables
• Ability to multi-task on various projects
• Able to work well under pressure
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, along with the ability to quickly understand new software
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral skills
• Logical and efficient
• Highly self-motivated
• Must be willing to travel
• Excellent analytical skills and an informed, evidence-based approach
• Analytical thinking
• Education to degree level is desirable
• Sound and consistent reporting of project status