MCCORMICK UK LIMITED
Based: Haddenham, UK
The Global Indirect Purchasing Manager is responsible for assigned categories as well as the development of global category strategies and programs to optimize cost, rationalize the supply base and bring value to the Corporation while mitigating risk. This Manager coordinates and leads strategy execution activity and participates in the development of goals, metrics & procurement planning activities.
· Establishes and executes strategies for their categories globally.
· Leads supplier performance management through the negotiations of procured materials and services to assure optimal TCO (Cost, Quality, Delivery, Innovation) is achieved.
· Develops and implements strategies to assure lowest overall cost while mitigating risk to the Corporation.
· Directs the efforts of direct reports and/or more junior employees to establish and maintain reliable sources of supply and supervise the negotiation of procured materials and services.
· Manages and develops personnel and recruitment activity to promote an efficient operation as well as assuring a high level of motivation and morale.
· Promotes high level of customer satisfaction in supporting the needs of Divisional projects and requirements for purchasing guidance & leadership. Engages with senior procurement personnel to ensure category alignment with regional strategies.
· Participates and leads change management efforts while creating true alignment and integration internally as well as externally. Acts as an internal consultant.
· Participates in the financial planning & forecasting process and provides periodic relevant market information and dynamics to internal stakeholders for all global regions.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Finance, Accounting or applicable field of study
· Minimum 8 years’ Purchasing or other relevant Supply Chain experience with at least 4 years of heavy involvement in Procurement
· Minimum 6 years’ experience managing, executing and/or participating in multiple large or cross functional process improvement projects
· Minimum 5 years’ experience leading project teams and/or direct reports
· Strong communication and diplomacy skills to guide, influence, and negotiate global suppliers, colleagues in other areas/departments, and external customers/agencies
· Deep knowledge of commodity markets
· At least a basic understanding of material functionality, material flow and handling to optimize supply chain effectiveness
· Sound understanding of how own expertise integrates with the function and basic commercial awareness
· Master’s Degree in related field
· Multiple Management Board experience
· Indirect procurement experience
· An understanding of the sourcing process
· Knowledge of key IT areas including sourcing, key supplier profiles and contracting best practices relative to IT categories
· Experience leading across functions and global operating units and cultures
· CPM or APICS certification
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone’s contributions and do what’s right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle.This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at
Agencies:McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LBGT employer…… click apply for full job details