Cordius is looking for a Head of Technical Services to join a well-known, international company that offers a bespoke and unique environment where every day is different, unpredictable and lively.
The successful candidate will be a highly experienced people manager and will set direction for the Technical Services function and overall Engineering Strategy within this multi-million pound successful business.
Location: Chertsey, Surrey
Salary: £70,000 – £80,000+
Key Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, ADIPS, HSG175, Facilities Management, Building Services, Continuous Improvement, Budget Management
This is a senior/ head of/ director level role and would be suitable for a highly experienced engineer with exceptional leadership skills, and from Safety Critical industry background, i.e. manufacturing, rail, defence, leisure & theme park industry.
* Direct the Technical Services teams to deliver maintenance and deliver safety in operation, outstanding performance and industry leading asset availability
* Complete strategic planning of annual Engineering and Facilities (hard and soft), ensuring the department is well set up and sufficiently resourced to deliver asset availability targets, improvement of infrastructure and business KPI’s during the operational season and annual maintenance period
* Use a Planned Preventative Maintenance approach to manage asset and estate maintenance and ensure the delivery of key operational targets
* Support the delivery of the strategic Health & Safety plan, ensuring robust H&S practices and a H&S centric culture, throughout the technical services function
* Create and ensure a positive and respectful working environment, where tasks and projects are completed within regulatory guidelines
Skills & Experience:
* You are an educated engineer or equivalent
* Working knowledge of the ADIPS HSG 175 is highly desirable
* A full working knowledge of appropriate engineering related statutory H&S requirements e.g. Electricity at Work, LOLER/PUWER regulations, safe use of lifting equipment, COSHH, RIDDOR general responsibilities for the maintenance of a Safe Working Environment under the Health & Safety at Work Act
* You have a broad and solid experience in engineering maintenance together with facilities management (e.g. Using SFG 20 and CMMS packages in support, to ensure full legal compliance of Fire alarms / emergency Lighting, Gas Inspections, PAT Testing, 5 year Fixed Wire testing, Legionella, Asbestos)
* You have a broad experience in cost control and budget management
* You have a vast experience of full lifecycle project management with emphasis on Continuous Improvement, Lean, Kaizen, Six Sigma and Change Management.
* You are an effective decision-maker who remains calm under pressure, keeping safety in mind as the top priority at all times
* You create a positive and efficient culture and with your strong interpersonal and leadership skills you motivate your teams and understand the importance of cross organizational cooperation