An exciting opportunity has become available for a talented HR Business Partner to join thebigword. We are a small team that support a global company with opportunities to be involved with our people in China, Japan, India, the US and more!
This role will initially be working remotely, however must be willing to commute to Leeds when necessary.
What we need from you
Key Responsibilities of the HR Business Partner role include:
· Providing advice, guidance and support to Line Managers ensuring HR best practice in management of people supporting UK and Global offices
· Actively engaging with Line Managers to build strong business partnerships and understand each departments’ people plans and challenges
· Equipping managers and their employees with the appropriate knowledge and tools to effectively manage their teams
· Providing support for the business in coordinating end-to-end recruitment
· Providing recruitment advice, guidance, and support to the business to ensure that best practice and processes are adhered to
· Providing day-to-day operational support regarding all HR policies and procedures, legal requirements including absence management, disciplinary, grievance, redundancy, capability and TUPE
· Ensuring existing HR documentation including the Employee Handbook is up to date and design and roll out new HR documentation, policies, and procedures
· Responsibility for entire employee lifecycle from new starters through to leavers
· Producing and analysing HR Management Information on a monthly basis as well as on an ad-hoc basis to meet wider business/programme needs
· Working closely with, and support, the payroll and L&D teams as required
· Leading HR projects and support the Global Head of HR for specified business projects
Key Knowledge skills and experience required:
· Experience in a multi-site/multi-contract environment
· Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
· Previous experience in a similar role
· Proven experience in handling confidential information
· Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
· Experience within a changing work environment & ability to adapt
· Great organisational skills & ability to multi-task whilst maintaining strong attention to detail
· Be proficient with MS packages, specifically Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and Office packages including Word and Excel
· Recruitment experience
· CIPD qualified or similar
· Training and/or facilitation skills
thebigword makes the world a smaller place by breaking down language barriers, supporting global trade and helping people access goods, commerce and services in their own languages.
Founded in 1980, we provide the best translation, interpretation, localisation and language technology solutions – handling up to 50,000 worldwide assignments every day. We’re a truly global business.
To us, a first class service means meeting every client’s cost, quality and delivery expectations every time. We achieve this through innovative language technology, expert operational teams and a talented team of skilled and professional staff who deliver every single time – and that’s where you come in!
Please select ‘Apply now’ and we’ll be in touch!
Due to the nature of our business, all successful applicants will be required to complete a basic criminal records disclosure.
thebigword is committed to encouraging diversity and opposing all forms of discrimination in our working environment. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give of their best. As an international company that operates worldwide and due to the nature of our industry we are a multicultural company. We have a large diverse client base which demands diversity amongst our employees to be able to service our clients effectively, thus meaning we employ people from different cultures and we do not discriminate against people on grounds of race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, religion/belief, age, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage, civil partnerships, pregnancy, maternity or disability.