Oasis Community Learning
Covering our academies across Kent (office/field based)
Oasis Community Learning (OCL) is a ground-breaking global movement and group of charities and social enterprises working in 51 community hubs located in 11 countries across the world.
We create a new sense of neighbourhood in communities that had previously been forgotten by society and our Community Hub enables people to come together and fulfil their potential.
We are also raising the educational bar through our academies. A family of 52 educational institutions serving over 28,000 students from a variety of backgrounds, our academies seek to close the educational gap that exists between disadvantaged students and their more privileged counterparts.
We’re currently looking for an IT Technician to support our academies across Kent on a full-time basis.
– Salary of £20,092 – £22,183 per annum
– Local government pension scheme
– 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays (rising to 30 days’ holiday after two years of service)
– A strong continuous professional development programme with training opportunities
– An opportunity to work with new technology e.g. HP Servers, CISCO etc.
This exciting opportunity will see you join an IT team in one of the largest Multi-Academy Trusts in the UK, with the chance to hone your current skills whilst developing new ones.
You will become part of a family of over 100 talented IT professionals, working alongside people dedicated to helping support students to realise their potential.
Your expertise and skills will enable our academies to continue changing the lives of children and shaping a positive future for their communities.
As an IT Technician, you will be tasked with providing IT support to our academies across Kent.
Specifically, you will use the newest Microsoft technologies to support colleagues and students both face-to-face and remotely in the appropriate use of ICT.
Working as part of our IT Team, you will:
– Ensure the smooth running of ICT systems
– Provide desk side and classroom based technical support
– Install, maintain and repair software and/or hardware
– Carry out basic safety checks, ensuring ICT resources are safe for use
– Update records of installed hardware and software on the appropriate systems
– Support the wider IT team in delivering strategic and operational IT goals
As part of your role, you will be expected to travel and work regularly at multiple sites.
To join us as an IT Technician, you’ll need:
– Strong knowledge of Windows 10 and basic Windows Server 2008 and/or 12 administration
– Experience in using a service software package and working to SLAs
– Strong technical skills
– To be driven and self-motivated
– To be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
Experience of working in an IT service within an educational setting would be desirable, but by no means essential.
Other organisations may call this role IT Support Technician, 1st Line Technician, Helpdesk Technician, IT Systems Technician, Helpdesk Support Analyst, or IT Service Desk Technician.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in and, as such, you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an IT Technician, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.