Trust Payments have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Site Reliability Engineer to join their team based in Manchester.
Job Title: Junior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Location: Manchester, Flexible
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Whilst most of Trust Payments are working from home at present, our Covid secure offices are still open for those that can’t work from home. We’ve hired and onboarded more than 60 people virtually since the pandemic started and have grown significantly as a business. We’ve adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team.
From regular town halls, to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first, during such difficult times. Feedback from our new hires has been really positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it make them feel integrated into Trust from the start.
Junior Site Reliability Engineer – The Role:
Junior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) part of a team who combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. Work closely with our Development, Quality Engineering and Security teams to continuously improve our systems.
Junior Site Reliability Engineer – Key Responsibilities:
– Improve the whole lifecycle of services-from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement
– Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
– Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and improve reliability and velocity
– Coding infrastructure automation with Terraform
– Respond to availability incidents and provide support for system incidents. This will be on a rota basis
– Comply with the Health and Safety at work Act (1974) and relevant directives in all activities
– Compliance on all relevant aspects of GDPR as appropriate to the role
Junior Site Reliability Engineer – You:
– Programming skills ideally Python
– Experience of AWS although training will be provided
– Experience of building CI/CD pipelines
– Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and assertiveness skills
– Knowledge of technology-based products and services
– Awareness of Trust Payments Limited range of products
– Understanding of Payment system capabilities and features
– Computer literacy, Microsoft Office, Sales force, DMS, data handling, record keeping
– Good product knowledge
– Bright, highly self-motivated and driven with a professional and positive approach
– Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
– Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment
– Passionate about Software Development, with a general thirst for digital knowledge and a significant interest in new emerging technologies
– Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
– Innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving and the ability to develop, deliver and evaluate brilliant ideas founded on rock-solid strategic thinking
– Reliable, flexible and cooperative
– Diplomatic and tactful
– Personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and an overall passion for excellence
– Ability to perform the role of a good ambassador for the organisation at all times
To submit your CV for this exciting Junior Site Reliability Engineer opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now.