Forest, Channel Isles
~~The Radis Group is an award winning established and successful family owned care company which has been delivering high quality care and support across England and Wales since 2001.
Our Live-in Services Team are URGENTLY looking for a reputable and reliable self-employed live-in care worker for the following package:
Carer required: FEMALE
Area: Bracknell (Berkshire)
Dates: 1 February 2021 until 1 March 2021 and then 1 week off/3 weeks on ongoing
Rate: £875 per week (average working hours up to 11 hours per day). Food provided by family.
DUE TO THE CLINICAL TRAINING REQUIRED, WE NEED A CARE WORKER WHO IS ABLE TO COMMIT TO TAKING ON THIS PACKAGE PERMANENTLY, WORKING ON THE SET 1 WEEK OFF/3 WEEKS ON WORK PATTERN.
SOMEBODY WITH EXPERIENCE OF PEG WOULD BE BENEFICIAL BUT NOT ESSENTIAL AS FULL TRAINING GIVEN.
CARER MUST BE A DRIVER WHO IS CONFIDENT DRIVING THE CLIENT’S VEHICLE
The client is a 24 year old young lady with Cerebral Palsy. She has a lively sense of humour and likes to be active and needs a care worker who will encourage her to do things. The client is unable to verbally communicate but has aides in place to support her with communication. Manual handling is carried out using an overhead hoist. The client does have an electric wheelchair, which she is able to control independently.
The carer will get 3-hour break cover each day in the late afternoon/early evening.
Carer duties include:
· Administering medication via PEG
· Feeding the client (she eats normal food)
· Assistance with personal care
· Assistance with general cleaning and domestic duties
· Meal preparation
· Supporting the client in the community
· Engaging with the client and doing activities together.
The carer needs to be young at heart and somebody who enjoys keeping busy and doing activities such as baking, arts and craft, painting nails, spa days and the like.
Given the carer is required from Monday, we can only consider care workers who are available immediately and who are able to provide the following documentation/information without delay:
• Details of at least 3 referees
• Proof of right to work in the UK
• Online DBS
• Up to date training certificates (further online training may be required)
• Evidence of being registered self-employed
• Evidence of public liability insurance.