Nomad HR & Recruitment
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer – Day shift
Salary is up to £38k depending upon experience
The Maintenance Engineer will be providing support and service to ensure optimum machine tool uptime.
This role would suit a time served or HNC qualified mechanical / electrical engineer who enjoys identifying and solving problems and has experience in a machine shop / CNC environment.
The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for:
* Reactive maintenance – Repair of production equipment including CNC, conventional machine tools and facility ancillaries
* Preventative maintenance – Complete required PPM scheduled tasks as required
* Develop PPM schedules where required
* Establish and maintain a critical spare bonded store
* Predictive maintenance – monitor key component performance characteristics to predict advance service requirements
* Ensure safe systems of work practices are adhered to
* Facility maintenance when required
* To arrange, manage and maintain service contract records and manage contractors whilst on site
* Conduct routine checks for decibel, fire alarm, fire extinguisher
The Maintenance Engineer will have experience in:
* Diagnosing equipment point failure reasons and root causes establishing the most effective countermeasure activities
* Mechanical / Electrical systems on both CNC and conventional machine tools
* HSE – Safe working systems
* Computer literate
* Continuous Improvement tools and techniques
We have offer fixed shifts. 7:30 to 16:00 Monday to Thursday and 7:00 to 13:00 on a Friday
* Training opportunities
* Opportunity to make this role your own by developing and implementing plans and improvements
* 25 days plus bank holidays
* 5% pension contribution
* Time off to attend medical appointments
* Discounted Supermarket Vouchers and Cinema Tickets through Edenred
* Long Service award
* Employee referral bonus
My client are a trusted and recognised key provider of precision components and engineering solutions to the aerospace and defence, oil and gas and nuclear sectors. They have 40 years’ experience working to the highest industry standards, controls and compliance.
The company still operates with family values at heart. It has a positive, approachable and welcoming culture. They have recently made significant changes through Lean manufacturing improvements, including external training, new lay out and purchasing capital machinery.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience and meet the criteria above please apply below