At Deloitte, we recognise the investment you have made in developing your skills and knowledge through your chosen programme of study in Economics and/or Econometrics. We are looking for sharp minds to join our growing Financial Services team, offering you the opportunity of implementing emerging economic theory in a commercial context to benefit our clients in banking, insurance, payment services, capital markets and fintech.
The role will be based in the Economic Consulting (EC) team, within the Advisory Corporate Finance service line of Deloitte UK’s Financial Advisory business. EC comprises of over 50 economists, covering Public, TMT, Infrastructure and Financial Services sectors, and is part of Deloitte’s Global Economic Consulting network. It is a very dynamic, high profile team, with a unique blend of skills in applied econometrics, policy evaluations, macroeconomic modelling, regulation, competition and sector focused microeconomics.
The work is varied and delivers real value through areas such as regulatory or competition economics, cost analysis, price optimization, credit risk and consumer analysis. Our technical skills in these areas are combined with Deloitte’s deep financial, strategic and industry understanding to create a potent, and unique, package that can be applied across the spectrum of industry.
For more information about Deloitte Economic Consulting please see our website.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
EC team has a cross-sectoral intrafirm growth strategy in several geographies. Due to growth in the financial services sector, an opportunity has arisen for a Manager to join the team, deepen its skillset and support delivery and further growth.
The successful candidate will contribute in and manage assignments involving a range of economic and policy issues in the financial services sector. He/she will take some responsibility for business development initiatives, supporting EC leadership in developing further the business.
Work will involve predominantly quantitative analysis (using spreadsheets and more specialised proprietary software) with established economic principles and methodologies. It is also likely to involve market analysis and modelling, and regulatory support to clients.
The successful candidate will have:
• Proven advanced experience working as a professional economist in the financial services sector.
• A genuine interest in financial products, technologies, clients and markets, and the scope for these to continue to transform consumers’ experience.
• Modelling experience in areas such as competition and market investigations, consumer demand and outcomes, time series econometrics, price optimisation, cost benefit analysis, credit risk modelling, and prudential regulation, would be a distinct advantage.
• A strong record of accomplishments in modelling and quantitative analysis, within various contexts is essential.
• Good report writing and presentation skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Willingness to travel domestically/internationally for brief periods.
• Apply your analytical skills to solve complex problems.
• Work in a challenging environment with like-minded people at the leading edge of economic thinking.
• Work on a varied mix of challenging engagements on a project basis.
• Develop solutions through debate and discussion in teams and with clients.
• Continue with your professional development throughout your career through a training investment.
• Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Your home office will either be London or Cambridge, but this client-facing role provides lots of opportunity for travel in the UK and overseas.
This is a permanent contract opportunity.
The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
• Relevant qualifications and/or post graduate qualifications in Economics
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• The desire to apply analytic and economic skills to real life problems
• Excellent skills in working within a team
• An entrepreneurial attitude
For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal.
Requisition code: 181296