Demob Job Reference: J4035
Job Title: Operations Engineer
Location: South – Harlow, Enfield, Chelmsford, Basildon, Billericay, Felixstowe, Sevenoaks, Maidstone, Slough
Salary: £Competitive Salary + Bonus + Van + Benefits
Do you have gas engine/power generation experience and come for a military background? My client has growing portfolio of power generation projects in the UK. Due to continued expansion they are now looking for an engineer in the South of the UK who could be based in any of the following locations: South – Harlow, Enfield, Chelmsford, Basildon, Billericay, Felixstowe, Sevenoaks, Maidstone, Slough or close surrounding areas. The successful Operations Engineer will be responsible for the upkeep, service and maintenance of gas engineers across several sites. This role does involve regular travel and occasional overnight stays with flexibility required for working hours.
ATTRACTIVE SALARY, 15% DISCRETIONARY BONUS, COMPANY VAN, TOOLS, MOBILE PHONE, LAPTOP, 26 DAYS HOLIDAY + BANK HOLIDAYS, PENSION SCHEME.
Operations Engineer Responsibilities:
– Operation & routine planned maintenance of natural gas fueled spark ignition reciprocating engines and electricity generating sets (typically V12’s, V16’s & V20’s) from manufacturers such as MWM/Deutz, Jenbacher, MTU, Cummins & Caterpillar.
– Provide mechanical/electrical bias to the role including basic electrical maintenance, fault finding and testing skills.
– Operation & routine planned maintenance of process instrumentation and controls and ancillary equipment.
– Induction and control of contractors, approving safe systems of work and ensuring that they undertake tasks completely and safely and are recorded.
– Ensure site stock and consumables are maintained to an appropriate level.
– Assist with planning and scheduling periodic maintenance, work orders and defect rectification to maximise gas utilisation, electrical output and plant availability.
– Assist with management and maintenance on all associated equipment and keep accurate maintenance records up to date, including computerised maintenance management software (CMMS).
– Deputise for the Senior Operations Engineer during times of absence, and where necessary delegating tasks and instructions to the maintenance team and or contractors.
– Share responsibility for call out cover, and where necessary, attend site for unplanned breakdowns to bring plant online with minimal downtime.
– Reviewing engine and plant performance data and business Key Performance Indicators and providing feedback to the Senior Operations Engineer and management.
– Regular use of computer software (Engine Management Systems, CMMS, Microsoft Office).
Operations Engineer Applicant Requirements:
– Hold relevant engineering qualification, mechanical or plant engineering.
– A detail knowledge and understanding of engines, particularly gas engines and operation and maintenance of plants.
– Working knowledge of gas extraction equipment such as centrifugal blowers and/or root blowers.
– Detailed experience of internal combustion engines, to include base-load power generation plant and equipment.
– Good mechanical and electrical fault diagnosis.
– Knowledge of three phase electrical systems.
– Hold full UK driving licence.
Operations Engineer Benefits:
– Competitive salary package.
– 39 hours, working hours to be agreed which does include weekends.
– Company van (business use only), mobile phone, laptop.
– 26 days holiday + bank holidays.
– Discretionary Company bonus scheme.
– A supportive and dynamic working environment.
– Career development in an ambitious company run by experienced industry experts with strong financial backing.
NOTE – Our client encourages applications from candidates with ex-military backgrounds; Royal Navy, British Army and Royal Air Force particularly those with mechanical engineering backgrounds associated ideally with Gas/Diesel Engines