PRIMARY PURPOSE OF ROLE
* To work as part of a Project Team responsible for the production of planning documentation to high professional standards within challenging programmes and budgets
* Qualification equivalent to UK Higher National Certificate in Engineering
* Background in Heavy Engineering/Chemical/Petrochemical/Oil & Gas Industries preferred.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
* English – written, spoken and technical
* Ability to Liaise/co-ordinate work with other disciplines
* Awareness of Quality Management System philosophy
ESSENTIAL SOFTWARE KNOWLEDGE
* IT Literate
* Primavera P6 experience essential
* Microsoft Project
KEY TASKS AND MAIN DUTIES
* Prepare Project Schedules for EPCM type contracts
* Co-ordinate/liaise with Engineering disciplines to determine status of Engineering workscope.
* Work within a Project Services team to support and assist the Project Delivery organisation.
* Co-ordinate/liaise with Vendors and expeditors to determine Procurement status.
* Compile and interpret progress in relation to schedule and cost constraints
* Assist in the preparation of Management Reports to review and evaluate Project Status.
* Work to budgets and programmes
* Comply with Quality Management Systems
** Other professional duties reasonably required
* Good communicator
* Good interpersonal skills
* Versatility and flexibility
* Pro-active and self motivated
* Commercial awareness
* Professional and responsible attitude
Our Client is a multi-discipline engineering design company providing design, procurement, project and construction management consultancy services.The company is a flexible, responsive and pro-active business that has successfully delivered projects ranging from small-scale studies through to multi-million dollar new build programmes.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for over 50 years, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft’s services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.