High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
Contek Recruitment Solutions Ltd
Our client, in High Wycombe, a long standing and successful manufacturing business, seek to appoint a Production Engineering Manager to their manufacturing team.
The appointed Production Engineering Manager will be responsible for leading a team of 12 and driving process improvements and promoting continuous improvement by providing engineering support to the production teams, machinery and maintenance engineers, quality assurance and supply chain functions of the business. You will have knowledge of continuous improvement / lean and be able to identify opportunities to cut waste or improve processes and a technical background.
My client is a major supplier to the Oil & Gas industry and has exciting prospects for the future.
Assist in the roll out of continuous improvement within production and introduce sensible operator applied Autonomous Maintenance
* Support the collection and analysis of OEE data
* Solve common technical problems by liaising with production, quality, design and supply chain teams
* Create and produce reports, presentations, SOPs and other documentation
* Identify process improvements, lead and support lean Six sigma projects to realise these improvements
* Ensure all daily workloads are managed in an efficient and effective manner to maximise labour utilisation and productivity while achieving safety standards.
* Ensure that the relevant machine preventative maintenance is completed to required standards and report any machine malfunctions.
Production Engineering Manager – Skills & Abilities – Process Engineering / Manufacturing Engineering / Lean / Continuous Improvement / Technical
* A self motivated individual with a proactive positive attitude, a challenger or the status quo and a desire to want to improve and do things better
* Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate their thoughts clearly and succinctly. Also to be able to influence and communicate across all levels of the business
* Ability to work as part of a team both office and factory based
* Ability to analyse data and identify trends and systematically solve problems
* Good attention to detail whilst working in an organised manner, prioritising own workload effectively
* Ideally from a sub-contract toolroom background with knowledge of conventional and CNC machining that understands the products and diversity.
Production Engineering Manager, Process Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Lean, Continuous Improvement, Technical