This is an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager from the Structural Steel / Fabrication industry.
Our client have grown massively in the last 12 months and have multi-million pound contracts in place, UK wide.
The business currently fabricates and installs structures and has undertaken some of the industries highest profile projects.
A fantastic opportunity has opened up for the right candidate in a busy and dynamic fabrication facility in South Manchester. Our client have recently secured long term contracts. Due to continued ambitious growth the company requires an experienced Project Engineer / Manager that will liaise with clients and potential sub-contractors across the UK.
Required to manage the day to day running of fabrication contracts for an industry leader in railway infrastructure. As the project engineer you will be reporting directly to the Production Director and you will be working closely with other engineers and production manager in our Northern Office. Your role is to ensure that the correct information, specification and cost information is given to the production manager to ensure all the client requirements are met. You will be required to liaise with other engineers, production and QA managers to ensure all works are planned and costed appropriately to allow all projects to be delivered on time and within budget. You will liaise with the client or site teams to ensure that delivery dates are understood and liaised back to the production team.
As the Project Manager you will be required to perform the following duties & responsibilities:
• You will be responsible for co-ordinating with client’s representatives to ensure all information requirements have been issued.
• You will be responsible for raising TQ’s / RFI’s back to the client for outstanding information.
• You will attend ‘Technical Review’ meetings internally to ensure compliance with latest specifications are being met.
• You will prepare detailed technical specifications for sub-contracted works.
• You will be expected to enter into technical discussions with potential suppliers to obtain the best possible technical solution. Materials would be procured on very tight budgets and you would be expected to maintain quality of product and the overall profitability of the contract.
• You may be required to attend internal ‘Project Cost Review’ meetings with the Management Team, where you will be required to give a brief resume of the contract to date.
• When required by the client, you will travel to their offices to attend design, progress and site meetings and also carry out quality inspections of sub-contracted work at their premises.
• A small amount of travel is required for this position both in the North West and UK.
• You will be required to have a good knowledge of the latest BS standards and demonstrate a good understanding of the latest CE marking requirements.
• You will be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of corrosion protection systems, mainly galvanising and painting.
Key Relationships Internal
• Production Director – to support and manage performance to achieve output and profit objectives, meeting product delivery requirements. Be able to communicate and present potential improvements. Help set targets and budgets, monitor and liaise with Production team.
• Quality Manager – to ensure the smooth running of the company’s quality procedures and systems and to maintain encourage and develop the company ethos of producing high quality products.
• Production Manager – to ensure detailed information is flowing and feeding back best practice for production methods. Liaise targets and budgets, monitor and report back to Production Director
• Administration – to cross check orders, invoices, delivery notes for goods received
• Suppliers – Liaise with, to ensure delivery of raw materials and other associated components/consumables to meet production needs.
• Client – Establish project requirements during the project, specifications, Raise TQ’s, and project delivery dates.
Please send your CV in the first instance