Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Job objectives and responsibilities
As a member of the Front of House team, our clients, guests and team expect an individual whose appearance, demeanour reflect the high standards of MITIE: Signature. Attitude should be one of confidence and professionalism, whilst recognising that guest satisfaction through team member services and performance is what is required to create an exceptional, memorable experience.
To ensure all guests are received in a manner befitting MITIE: Signature . To present and maintain an environment that will ensure guest satisfaction. To help maximise a colleague, client or guest visit, enhancing standards within the team.
Main duties and accountabilities
To ensure guests receive a warm welcome to MMC in compliance with the MMC Security Policy, building requirements and Health and Safety Regulations.
To take responsibility for delivering a 5* Service at all times to clients, members of the business and colleagues alike.
To take pride In your appearance, presenting yourself in a highly polished and well groomed fashion at all times in accordance with MMC grooming standards.
To ensure that the correct uniform is worn, pressed and cleaned regularly and that the uniform policy is adhered to at all times.
To be knowledgeable of local transport information and amenities such as restaurants and entertainment.
Meeting and greeting clients; Ensuring all guests are checked in a timely manner and informing the relevant host of their arrival, taking and storing luggage as and when required.
To communicate regularly via email and over the phone with member’s of the business ensuring all their needs are met.
To have good building knowledge for assisting in customer and business enquiries.
Regularly maintain and update guest registration ensuring the information is accurate and as current as possible.
Proactive ‘visual maintenance’ of communal areas, staircases, coffee points and copy areas, engaging with the relevant section of the FM teams as appropriate.
Report issues through the FM Helpdesk (Edison)as and when they occur, ensuring that all service requests reported are monitored and completed satisfactorily.
Enthusiastically support colleagues across the team and at all levels, promoting and sharing best working practices.
Be flexible in approach to work requirements in order to maintain the standards required as a Mitie: Signature employee.
Operate as part of the “One Team” culture across all supplier interactions.
Be familiar with all fire, emergency and health and safety procedures that apply to the site acting as Fire Marshall in case of evacuation.
2 years reception experience
Desired Education to A Level (or equivalent)
Desired hospitality based qualification, or official training.
2 years previous customer services experience in Reception or affiliated role. Transferable skills considered.
Qualified First aider desireable.
Health and Safety responsibilities
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.