Morgan Philips Executive
Morgan Philips Group is an innovative recruitment business with a footprint across 4 continents. In just 5 years, we have built a global platform that disrupts conventional thinking in executive and professional recruiting. We combine high-touch consultancy with worldwide search capability and digital sourcing technologies to help you recruit better, faster and cost effectively.
Senior DevOps Engineer
£85-105,000 + bonus + benefits
The systems team in the UK supports the overall global infrastructure within all sites and environments.
To ensure the operational functionality, availability, efficiency, backup/recovery and security of the company’s systems and manage access to adhere to security requirements. Ensure security measures are in place within systems perimeter, ensuring security breaches do not occur and information is safeguarded from unauthorized users, etc.
To proactively monitor the company’s systems and participate in design, implementation and supporting both production and non-production environments, whilst ensuring appropriate documentation is undertaken and maintained in a timely manner.
· In-depth experience managing Unix systems infrastructure (including supporting large Production environments)
· Must have clear communication skills and a sound work ethic
· Strong DevOps & Automation mentality
· Advanced knowledge of modern deployment technologies and pipelines – Terraform, Packer, etc
· Experience working with and developing against Rest-based APIs
· Good knowledge of Linux, specifically RedHat and related flavours
· Cloud experience, AWS preferable
· IBM MQ knowledge, preferable
· Scripting experience (shell, Go, Python)
· Working knowledge of Cisco UCS hardware or similar software-defined blade systems – desirable
· Good knowledge of Microsoft operating Systems – desirable
· Good usage and management of monitoring solutions (e.g.…SolarWinds, Nagios, DataDog)
· Good working understanding of OS networking – firewalling, Routing tables, gateways, tcp / udp – desirable
· Experience in a multi-site environment with a user base of 300+