Hss Hire Service Group
HSS Hire Service Group Ltd is a market-leader in the UK Tool Hire Industry. The company operates a nationwide chain of tool hire centres, ranging in size from small town centre shops to large warehouse units. The business structure is traditional retail distribution with a hub-and-spoke structure where larger units provide stock distribution and centralised services to satellite branches. The customer profile is orientated toward professional and industry service hirers and other larger account customers.
The HSS IT department manages, develops software and operates various services to support both front and back office functions.
The development technologies in use include Microsoft SQL (SSiS & DTS), Actian Ingress (Database Layer), OpenROAD (Business Logic layer) and ASP.NET and C# for front end and UX. With data movement controlled via the Data Connect ETL tool. There are various external and in-house websites and intranets based on Microsoft ASP.NET and for e-commerce using the Hybris framework.
What you will do
• Review and document new systems requirements and system amendment requirements
• Production where appropriate of functional and/or technical specifications
• Accurate estimation of resource requirements and effort required to deliver technical solutions
• Coordination of development work undertaken by other team members
• Ensuring that software components and processes are tested effectively
• Change delivery impact analysis and the development of appropriate implementation plans
• Production where necessary of system support and user documentation
• Direct communication with internal customers, at all levels
• Regular contact with external customers, suppliers and technology partners
• Leadership and mentoring of colleagues where appropriate to ensure delivery of assigned projects
• Effective application of appropriate methodologies to projects and initiatives
What are we looking for?
• Demonstrable experience in an IT project management role, preferably with exposure to a range of technology concepts and areas of expertise (i.e. software development, infrastructure, Server, Te-lephony, Voice over IP (VOIP)).
• Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of appropriate methodologies and project frameworks (ITIL, ISO27001).
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relation-ships with key stakeholders, both internally and externally.
• Excellent resource management skills with the ability to effectively plan and prioritise your own work-load.
• Demonstrable problem solving skills.
• Excellent presentation skills with ability to tailor your style to suit a varied audience.
• Jira or other project tracking software product skills
Who we want
A candidate for this role will have many of the following attributes:-
• Very customer focused with ability to empathise with them
• A team player who is confident and self-starting
• Familiar with Agile and Waterfall delivery methods
• Demonstrable experience of all aspects of the software and infrastructure project lifecycles
• Able to clearly articulate system requirements and designs both orally and in written documentation
• Willing to adopt and champion best practice
• Ability to provide technical/design guidance and ideas to technical colleagues
• Commercial and technical experience of providing analysis to use on some of the following systems:
o Actian Ingres Database, Actian OpenROAD
o Microsoft ASP.NET 3.5+, Microsoft Web Services (SOAP, REST, JSON)
o Pervasive DC ETL, Microsoft SQL Server 2K/2K5/2K8, MS SSIS, MS DTS
o XML,CSS, XML, Subversion Source Code Control
o Hybris e-commerce v5+
o Telephony and infrastructure