Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
“Core Video is responsible for building playback-related functionality for Sky and Comcast’s OTT products. We work closely with the team in NOW TV, Sky Sports, Peacock (US) and others, to ensure that common functionality is built in a reliable, scalable and efficient way. We own the internally open source SDK which our colleagues use to achieve effortless playback on Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Samsung TV, LG TV, PlayStation, Xbox, Roku and more!” -Engineering Manager
What you’ll do:
• Build new features and maintain existing solutions within the SDK
• Contribute to planning and architecture of new features and see them through to release
• Daily code reviews on new submissions raised to the SDK, both from colleagues within the team and externally
• Support client teams with integration of the SDK and assist in diagnosing issues
What you’ll bring:
• A strong understanding of software design and development principles
• Ability to communicate effectively and explain complex problems in a simple way
• Enjoy collaborating with others, both inside and outside the team
• Ability to provide constructive and objective feedback
Our team develops and supports technologies for Sky, globally. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world’s best entertainment.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about#LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search#LifeAtSkyon social media.
A job you love to talk about
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Due to COVID-19 recruitment process on some of our roles may take longer than usual. We appreciate your interest and will be in touch as soon as we can.