Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
“Work in a cross functional team of skilled engineers building software to manage infrastructure, leveraging Kubernetes as a basis for a PaaS offering, driving the automated CI/CD strategy across the organisation and building tooling / operators to deliver key capabilities for engineering teams across Sky and NBCU (Peacock)” -Delivery Manager
What you’ll do:
• Deliver production-ready, tested software in small increments
• Evangelise and adhere to good software design and architecture principles whilst delivering solutions in the form of back-end applications
• Take a proactive role in production issues and release management
• Support and maintain the live product (including first-line support) along with the development team
• Collaborate with technical analysts and testers in the creation of backlog items, providing information such as cost estimates and technical risk/complexity
• Work with the team to define and fulfil the acceptance criteria
• Integrate into the team’s current Agile process and contribute towards its iterative improvement
What you’ll bring:
• Solid commercial experience as a Scala dev
• Strong TDD/BDD testing skills
• Appreciation and understanding of non-functional testing and its implied practices
• Passion for Agile software delivery and pair programming best practices • Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery practices
• Background in software development for high traffic, high availability of large scale backend systems, including an understanding of the need for clustering and partitioning data and workloads
• Enthusiasm/aptitude for learning new skills and practices
• Desire to own and be responsible for the product from its inception, all the way to production and its maintenance going forward
Our team develops and supports technologies for Sky, globally. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world’s best entertainment.
You can expect to work with loads of Scala, sbt, ScalaTest, Akka-http, Kafka, Cassandra, Git, Kubernetes, gradle, bash, Prometheus, Wiremock, Kibana, Grafana, Gatling, Jenkins, Ansible, Kotlin andJava.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about#LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
Our Osterley campusis a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station.Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
We don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working. And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search#LifeAtSkyon social media.
A job you love to talk about
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Due to COVID-19 recruitment process on some of our roles may take longer than usual. We appreciate your interest and will be in touch as soon as we can.