Newton Abbot, Devon
Senior Systems Architect
Newton Abbot, Devon
£60,000 – £70,000 per annum Plus Benefits (See Below)
Are you a hands-on systems architect with experience in solutions development of complex multi-discipline systems? Are you experienced in the virtualisation, high end server architecture/HPC environment? If so, this newly created role in our growing systems integration team could be the role for you.
Working with many of the biggest names in the IT industry, such as Dell EMC, Intel, NVIDIA and Teradici, Amulet Hotkey is a proven innovator in the design, manufacture and system integration of high availability solutions for remote physical and virtual workstations.
Founded in 1990, we provide a full service, complete with world-class support, for robust, secure and uncompromised business and mission critical applications.
With an impressive global client base that includes Bank of America, Barclays Capital, Motion Pictures and Warner Brothers to name but a few, this really is a great opportunity.
We’re now looking for a Senior Systems Architect to join our Devon based team who thrive in all things next generation tech.
As our Senior Systems Architect and guru of operating systems, you will be responsible for system level solution design. As a trusted advisor and expert, you will turn market and customer requirements into cost effective products and solutions in a timely manner; always looking to the future for new technologies.
You will partner closely with our team of on the ground Solutions Consultants here in the UK and North America to ensure our products and solutions out in the market are second to none.
In addition, you will:
– Work with product development to design and refine new ideas and techniques
– Carry out competitive analysis
– Carry out and document solution feasibility studies
– Assist product management with the capture and refinement of market and customer requirements and the production of solution requirements specifications
– Assist product management with the production of solution specifications
– Assist verification and validation with the production of solution test plans that replicate customer use of products
– Assist support in understanding customer issues and their replication for 2nd/3rd Line support activities
– Identify technical partnership opportunities and manage relationships
To be considered as a Senior Systems Architect, you will need experience of managing Technical partner relationships and acting as a customer facing Subject Matter Expert.
You will also need experience of the following:
– Solution development of complex multi-discipline systems
– Web and cloud-based solutions
– Web security and encryption
– Internet Protocols
– Network implementation with firewalls, VPN, routing and ISP implementations
– Operating systems with Windows, Linux, macOS and RTOS
– Management systems both client and server-side
– Virtualisation and/or containerisation
– High end server architecture/HPC
– Disaggregation and/or composable server architectures
Ideally you will also have experience of the following:
– Security conformance standards, CPA and FIPS
– Remote Desktop techniques and protocols, PCoIP and Blast
– Virtualised Desktop techniques and protocols, VDI, VMware, Blast and Citrix
– Audio/Visual interfaces, HDMI, DisplayPort, USB, and S/PDIF
– GPUs/FPGAs and their use in AI applications
Other organisations may call this role Systems Architect, Systems Development Engineer, Systems Architect, Solutions Architect, or Senior Development Engineer.
What you can expect from us
– Excellent salary
– 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays, rising to 28 days with service
– Pension scheme with 6% employer, 4% employee contributions
– Health cash plan with access to wellbeing advice and perks
– Cycle scheme for any budding cyclists
– Professional development support and membership fees covered
We are a great team, having built our foundations on 30 years of tech expertise in our market, this is complimented by our infrastructure that has been well invested in and our broad product range which is geared towards high growth for the company. As such, you will be able to advance your skills within your role and develop as the company grows.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Senior Systems Architect, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.