We Mean Business Coalition (The GreenJobs Network of Websites)
PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Supply Chains Manager, Corporate Net Zero
Location: Europe, Remote (UK, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Spain)
Reports to: Director, Corporate Net Zero
Hours Per Week (Average): Full time
Overtime Status: Exempt
Applications will be accepted through March 6, 2021.
We Mean Business (WMB) is a global coalition of nonprofit organizations, working with the world’s most influential businesses to take action on climate change. We are working to transform the world economy so that it is on track to limit global warming to 1.5°C in ways that deliver sustainable economic growth and shared prosperity. Through unprecedented collaboration, we catalyze business action and drive ambitious policy to halve emissions by 2030 and accelerate an inclusive transition to a net-zero economy by 2050, at the latest.
The Corporate Net Zero team works at the core of the coalition to mainstream science-based net zero, setting the new bar for business leadership and action on climate. We work across a range of partnerships to guide net zero approaches towards credibility and complementary, we support initiatives to ratchet global ambition by mobilizing thousands of businesses and we direct companies to the tools they need to deliver on bold net zero climate strategies. Supporting global corporations and small to medium enterprises, we are defining the story of net zero in the decisive decade for climate action.
We are seeking an experienced manager based in Europe to join our high-performing, remote team.
• Supports the Director, Corporate Net Zero in the strategy, coordination and execution of the Coalition’s Net Zero programs and campaigns
• Develops, refines and leads WMB approach to corporate supply chain decarbonization
• Works with the SME Climate Hub and collation partners to accelerate SME commitment and action on net-zero and engage corporate supply chains
• Develops and maintains WMB action plans together with partners and ensure effective coordination and delivery of projects related to supply chains
• Manages the granting process and coordination for projects in relation to supply chains, reviewing proposals to ensure applications align with WMB strategy, tracking project progress, and ensuring mutual expectations are met in a timely and professional manner.
• Supports the coordination and delivery of net zero initiatives that drive companies to commit to bold climate action and net-zero ambition – such as The Climate Pledge and Business Ambition for 1.5°C – ensuring we realize the full potential of supply chain decarbonization with the signatories
• Supports the advancement and dissemination of science-based net zero approaches with the Science-based Target initiative and other strategic partners
• Works across the secretariat to embed net zero into systems, policy and communications strategies
• Represents WMB in various coalitions and initiatives to support collective impact, promote alignment of activities and influence strategy.
• Bachelors Degree acceptable but preferably Master’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
• >10 years’ experience focused on corporate sustainability
• Excellent understanding of corporate supply chain sustainability, science-based target setting and corporate net-zero strategies
• Experience of working within or closely with multinational companies on sustainability
• Experience of working within or closely with global initiatives on climate change
• Strong understanding of the role of SMEs in delivering SMEs
• Prior experience with remote-work a plus
• Demonstrated project management and leadership skills necessary to work across teams and organizations
• Effective written and oral communication skills (English is the working language)
• Solves problems with bold, thoughtful, and active approach to systems-based thinking
• Ability to convene, mediate and facilitate discussions among senior stakeholders in business and NGO spheres
• A partnership mindset and service mentality; naturally connects and builds strong relationships with diverse internal and external audiences, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence
• Excellent planner and organizer with the ability to manage complex projects in a fast paced environment
Submit your cover letter and resume here . Applications will be accepted until March 6th, 2021.
Benefits and compensation vary per region and are competitive with local prevailing packages. Regardless of location, team members get equipment stipends to ensure they are set up wherever they may be working from, generous time off, and paid parental leave.
Diversity at WMB
We Mean Business is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are a project of the New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF and WMB are committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Our work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE “APPLY NOW” BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS