Do you want to help people, places and economies thrive? Are you a technical sustainability leader with the ambition to support the growth of a brand-new net-zero carbon practice with a multinational consultancy specialising in transport, cities and infrastructure? If so, this technical leadership role with Steer will be a fantastic next step for your career.
Steer, founded in 1978, has over 450 employees in 20 offices around the world and focuses on improving the way people live, work and travel. Acre are proud to be working in partnership with the CEO to build out a brand-new carbon consultancy team.
Steer are looking to widen and deepen their ability to deliver a zero-carbon future and to resolve the complex challenges of their global client base with a number of new strategic hires. This leadership role will be head up the technical requirements of the team.
You will be responsible for:
* Contributing to the definition and execution of strategy and business plans, taking accountability as part of the practice leadership team
* Utilizing and sharing technical expertise to ensure that client projects are based on robust technical advice and harness the power of innovation and leading edge thinking
* Networking within the industry, building productive relationships with key and prospective clients, projecting industry leadership
* Fostering a spirit of continuous evolution that refines Steer’s methods and approaches, with the ability to anticipate shifts in client needs across a competitive landscape
* Establishing and embedding practice-wide technical and professional standards that create a differentiated and commercially successful suite of services and products
You will take a lead role, actively helping Steer’s clients to identify and adopt zero-carbon solutions. You will work closely with and draw on support from the wider Steer group, with active investment into business development and marketing activities. Their work stretches from government policy to communities and economies to businesses and assets.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
* Prior experience in a consultancy environment with a track record of technical advisory and implementation
* Extensive experience in decarbonisation policy and strategy, through to implementation
* Strong track record of developing business cases for action within net zero carbon plans, backing this up with technical evidence to get projects approved
* Examples of supporting and developing new capabilities in junior and mid-level staff, ideally focusing on quantitative skills, if applicable
* Deep knowledge of analytical techniques that is leading edge/contemporary and ability to deliver analytical/technical innovation
* Relevant industry experience across either transport, infrastructure or cities would be advantageous
If you have a passion for what you do and want to join an employee-owned company that empowers their staff to shine, Steer will be an excellent place for you to work. It is their people, values and ethos that have enabled Steer to be at the forefront of their industry. If you feel you have the ambition and relevant skills for this challenging role, please apply for more details.