Warner Bros. Discovery
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are
When we say, the stuff dreams are made of, we re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what s next
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role
We are looking for our next Digital Planning and Ad Operations Manager, to join our growing team based in London. You ll be at the centre of a major transformation within our UK business, pivoting from being almost 100% linear to being digital first, and our Sales team needs to reflect that. As a complement to our 3rd party reps we are building an innovative, passionate and industry respected in-house Ad Sales team. The Digital Planning & Ad Ops Manager is responsible for the upkeep of the UK Ad Servers, working closely with Sales to deliver on SLAs and ensure that campaign setup and delivery is timely, organised and accurate at all times. You ll be results driven taking pride in your technical knowledge and communication skills and have the ability to partner with numerous stakeholders.
Your Role Accountabilities
• Assist the Senior Digital Planning & Ad Ops Manager on upkeep of FreeWheel, Google Ad Manager and fulfilment technologies
• Become a super user in financial tools, working closely with internal finance team to ensure timely and accurate invoicing
• Manage end to end delivery of Direct sales campaigns
• Work closely with Programmatic and data teams to ensure upkeep of partners, providing technical support and reporting
• Manage campaign pricing and prioritisation in line with company goals
• Manage and test partner integrations
• Manage break patterns effectively, scheduling ad delivery and ensure ad experience is free of category & advertiser clash
• Work closely with Programmatic teams to manage inventory and priority levels with the ad servers
• Manage website monetisation of UK sites ensuring high quality ad experience at all times
• Manage YouTube campaign delivery and reporting, working closely Social Strategy team
• Manage all direct Discovery+ campaigns and reporting, working closely with sales & planning
• Work closely with Partnership teams to forecast and deliver on campaigns
• Implement and manage upkeep of advertising technology on UK Websites and Apps
• Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to ensure the UK stays up to date and leads on advertising advancements
Qualifications & Experience
• Expert knowledge of ad serving technologies
• Proficient understanding of advertising tags, macros and decisioning logic
• Leadership experience with coaching management style to manage junior staff members and ability to deliver training plans
• Experience implementing and testing 3rd party technologies
• Thorough understanding of Freewheel and Google Ad Servers
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience building and maintaining documentation and processes
• Be performance and reputation driven
• Excellent reporting skills
How We Get Things Done
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at .