Learning Support Assistant
Part Time, 30 hours per week, 36 weeks per year
Actual Pro Rata’d Salary: £12,249.89 per annum
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join the college in the role of Learning Support Assistant to provide high quality and confidential customer-focused support service to learners with additional learner support needs, working closely with the wider learner services department to ensure the service meets the needs of learners. This role is based at the Queens Gardens Hull site.
There may be times when you are required to work evening and weekend work.
Hull College Group provides high-quality education and training for school leavers and adults, offering a wide range of vocational study programmes, Apprenticeships and degrees.
As one of the largest vocational institutes of its kind in the region, we have one focus – to create careers, not courses. We pride ourselves on this approach and are committed to ensuring our learners acquire the relevant skills, knowledge, attitudes and experience to progress in life, whether that is to seek employment in the industry of their choice or step up to higher education and university.
While dedicated to delivering the very best experiences to our learners, we also extend the same commitment to our staff. We have worked hard to create an environment where all of our staff, no matter what their role, are empowered to inspire and support our vision to create better futures for the people of Hull.
Responsibilities of ourLearning Support Assistant:
– Supporting learners with additional learning needs to access the college sites and services, and integrating them into their learning environment
– Supporting learners with neuro-diverse and complex needs with strategies to enable independent learning and study
– Supporting academic staff with appropriate information, advice and guidance to ensure adherence to the assessment of need/pen portrait/EHCP and the role of learner support assistant
– Working closely with academic staff and the wider learner and customer services department as a team to provide reasonable adjustment for learners with additional needs
– Assisting learners who have personal care needs in line with HCUK guidelines
– Recording daily support records in a timely manner and attending relevant staff meetings with the Team Leader, SEND Co-ordinator and/or Director of Learner & Customer Services
– Providing relevant information and assisting Team Leaders with monitoring and identifying learner needs
What we’re looking for in ourLearning Support Assistant:
– GCSE English & Maths at Grade C or equivalent
– An understanding of the additional learning support needs of learners
– Accurate record-keeping skills
– The ability to access and navigate confidently around college ICT systems
– A confident, approachable and friendly disposition with strong interpersonal skills
– The ability to create a positive image of the college through the delivery of a high-quality customer-focused service
– The ability to anticipate changes to systems required to constantly improve services
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for and would like to join us as our Learning Support Assistant
please click ‘Apply’ now, we’d love to hear from you!
Hull College Group is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All colleagues are expected to contribute to the delivery of their safeguarding strategy and values. In addition, these posts require the colleague to undertake an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please be aware that this vacancy may close earlier dependent on the level of applications received so if you do wish to be considered we recommend that you complete the application as promptly as possible.