LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
Linux Systems Administrator – SC cleared
Location: Full-time, on-site in either Newport or Portsmouth. Option to work condensed hours, requiring four days on site instead.
IR35 status: Inside IR35
Clearance level: SC level
Duration: 3-6 months
* Strong knowledge of Linux Operating Systems RedHat Enterprise and CentOS
* Working experience in Ansible Tower
* Virtualisation, VMware ESXi 7.x, including vSphere Compliance and right sizing
* Demonstrable experience of VMWare, Windows Servers in an administration, operations and support
* Demonstrable experience of working with Red Hat Satellite & Ansible
* Knowledge of Unix Storage filesystems and access protocols (XFS/NFS)
* Solid understanding of Linux Scripting and command line usage
* Troubleshooting, Diagnostics & Event Log/Management
* Working experience with Anti-Virus within Linux OS
* Experience applying ITIL methodology
* Technical Documentation and Processes
* Minimum 5 years’ experience administrating virtualised environment
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in Linux/Unix administration
* Working knowledge of Monitoring tools such as CheckMK/Nagios/Splunk
* Experience involving multiple Operating System vendors
* Working knowledge of Atlassian tools such as Confluence and Jira
* Knowledge of HPE Storage Technologies (FC/iSCSI/NFS protocols)
* Knowledge of LAN/WAN Technologies
* Willing to work out of hours and attend remote sites
* Experience in increasing automation in management, deployment and operations of Servers, providing PoCs for cloud-like functionality and edge datacentres and looking into providing a solution for in-memory computing.
* RHCSA certification on RedHat
For the application an updated CV is required.
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks. LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.