Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Like to challenge your analytical skills? Enjoy developing solutions to improve outcomes? Want a better work life balance?
In the Service Operations Centre (SOC) you’ll support IT services for Government departments in the UK and around the globe.
You’ll bring your testing skills and experience to ensure our products continually meet the high standards and security needs of the wider Government departments and to mature our ways of working to align with Agile and DevSecOps development.
No two days will be the same, one day you could be automating bespoke rest API’s, the next you could be manually testing the next generation desktop.
You’ll be joining a small, friendly team who enjoy working collaboratively together, willing to assist each other as we move towards new technologies and frameworks. You’ll be provided with on-the-job training as well as formal qualifications.
More About You
You will already have:
• Experience in a Test role with a good understanding of using automation test tools.
• Experience in Agile methodologies
• Broad technical knowledge and understanding in workstation and server solutions.
To strengthen your application, it would be beneficial if you have one or more of the following (but these are not essential):
• ISTQB or ISEB Certification
• Ability to work collaboratively with developers
• ITIL familiarisation
Your Personal Skills
You will be the type of person who
• is critical thinking and analytical mindset.
• Has the desire to help to improve testing practices within your team.
• The ability to work and communicate with others at all levels.
• Is driven to continuously improve your own knowledge and skills.
• Can plan your own workload and adapt to changing demands
• Works cooperatively with others to achieve goals
• Is open minded and positive about change
• Sets an example in high standards and values to others, shows integrity and professionalism.
Putting your skills to use
Using your diverse range of skills within the team, you will:
• Perform testing as required to support Project, Changes and Release activities within the required timeframes.
• Design test cases, create test scripts and identify test data to meet the required objectives as defined in the Project/Request for Change
• Generate test reports to detail success/failure of testing performed.
• Contribute to Sprint planning, daily stand up and retrospective meetings.
• Ensure that stakeholders are informed of progress and immediately communicate risks to quality and/or schedule.
• Input into the Test plan creation for Projects/Requests for Change
• Assist in the transition to automation test tools and practices.
• Work with technical teams to provide second line support on customer raised faults.
• Be responsible for your continued professional development.
What we Offer
Now that we’ve explained a bit about what you will we be doing, here’s what we can offer you
• 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 after 5 years’ service.
• 8 Bank Holiday days off in addition to your annual leave.
• 2 additional days leave (set dates through the year).
• Paid overtime or time off in lieu. Your salary is for your contracted hours. If you work more, we believe you should be rewarded for that.
• Training. Lots and lots of training. This can be anything from a day internal course to a distant learning degree. If it’s relevant to your career, we will aim to support you.
• Pension. Our Pension scheme is Alpha. It’s competitive.
• Sports & Social Society. Whether its classis cars or baking, golf or crafting, we have a society for you.
• On site nursery (subject to availability).
• 3 days paid leave a year to support a registered charity of your choice.
• Free parking
• Free onsite gym, open 24 hours a day
• Affinity Groups – whether you are disabled, LGBTQ and/or from an Ethnic Minority. We provide an inclusive environment and support for everyone.
We are HMGCC, the engineering specialists at the heart of the UK’s national security.
We work with the intelligence agencies, UK Government, academia, private sector partners and international allies to bring engineering ingenuity to the national security mission, creating tools and technologies that drive us ahead and help to protect the nation.
We invest in our people, not only with training but also support throughout your career with us; to allow you to reach your full potential at work, as well as enjoy the work/life balance many aspire to.
To find out more about us and if we’re right for you, please visit our website .
Inclusion & Diversity really matters to us. It’s not just about numbers or visible differences.
HMGCC are committed to providing equal opportunities and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, and those with disabilities or who are neurodiverse.
We’re not looking for any one type of person. We’re looking for talent from all different backgrounds to join our organisation, where we genuinely respect and value each other’s differences, as well as our similarities. It makes us even better at what we do.
HMGCC is proud to hold the status of Disability Confident Employer. In line with this, we offer the Disability Confident – Offer of Interview. To find out more and how you can apply under this scheme, please click here .
Discover more and apply but clicking ‘apply’ below.
Our Recruitment Team will process your application once the role has closed and everyone will get a response.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.