Natural Resources Wales
Team Leader, Water Resources Permitting
Closing date: 3 July 2023
Salary: £41,150 – £46,147 (Grade 7)
Contract type: Fixed Term appointment until 18 December 2023
Work pattern: Full time, 37 hours.
Starting salary: £41,150 rising to £46,147 per annum through annual increments being paid each year. (Pro rata for part time applicants).
Post number: 201624
As an organisation we support flexible working. This role allows hybrid working (a mix of home and office working) and a working pattern suitable for you can be discussed on appointment if you are successful.
You will be contracted to the nearest NRW office to your home, of which you will be required to attend for regular meetings, training and for one-to-one meetings with your manager. These will be planned in advance.
You will lead, manage and motivate the team with the management and regulation of highly technical and specialist permit applications, ensuring the delivery of robust, risk based, and proportionate permitting decisions across Wales.
You will be responsible for the provision of a technical service to internal and external customers, maintaining an overview of the team s work in delivering regime specific permitting activities that have a high level of impact. You will also need to manage NRWs reputation whilst maintaining an awareness of other NRW activities and governance arrangements connected to that regime for the whole of Wales.
Qualifications, experience and knowledge
Knowledge and experience of the following:
1. Previous line management or project management experience achieved through leading, managing, supporting and developing staff.
2. Substantial experience of adopting an integrated and risk based approach to work delivery within your technical area of Water Resources knowledge.
3. Be able to work at pace and have a track record of delivery.
4. Being innovative and demonstrating drive to achieve targets.
5. Experience of working with customers and stakeholders to develop processes and systems to maintain their effectiveness and improve customer experience.
6. Proven risk-based decision making and analytical (evidential data) and problem solving skills.
7. Have proven strong communication and organisational skills.
8. The ability to use IT applications, including GIS, databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
Benefits of working for us
This role will offer a range of benefits, including:
• agile and flexible working (role dependent)
• Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
• 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
• generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
• health and wellbeing benefits and support
• weekly well-being hour to use at your choice
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE “APPLY NOW” BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCES